CHAPTER 5: Recovery Time (Part 1)

Nagisa, Karma and Rio positioned themselves in the hallway. Waiting for the person inside the apartment to reveal itself.

“Mr. Karasuma?” the person’s voice was consistently lowered.

There is no Karasuma. The only people that’s inside is the three Junior High School Student and this anonymous person.

However as the person comes closer, the echo minimizes and the voice becomes clearer.

Rio’s P.O.V

Ms. Yukimura? But why is she here?

I looked at Nagisa behind me who already recognized the voice. I nodded to him and then Karma.

“Yukimura-sensei.” Nagisa spoke, confirming who it was. And then there was a long silence.

Alright. Enough with this. I’m tired.

Sigh. I revealed myself and raised my hands. Though Ms. Yukimura looked startled, seeing her brings so much relief… and pain in me. She don’t deserve everything that happened to her family too and I feel sorry for her lost, but I still feel a bad taste in my mouth when I think about their family’s secrets. But this is wrong, I should not feel the same for Ms. Aguri. She’s different from them.

I looked behind and gestured to Nagisa and Karma to show themselves already, but they looked startled with my actions too. These scaredy-cats.

“Come on.” they finally come out of their hiding.

“K-kids.” Ms. Yukimura’s eyes suddenly started to swell.

“No, no, no…” Nagisa waved his hands frantically.

He’s still not used to crying people though he’s a crybaby too. Poor thing.

“I think you should calm yourself first Yukimura-sensei.” Karma walked ahead of the living room.

We followed him and thrust ourselves on the sofa. This is a drag. I can feel my exhaustion now. I closed my eyes and released all the thoughts that I’ve been holding since Mr. Karasuma’s revelations.

I opened my eyes and saw Ms. Yukimura bowing, and I can see genuineness to it. “S-Sorry for everything. I know I can’t make up with you, with what my family did to everyone. But I am really--”

“We are very much bewildered too, Yukimura-sensei. And it’s an understatement if I say that I don’t believe myself for accepting these truths. I actually push it away at first, and I wanted to shut my ears when Mr. Karasuma explained everything. But this is reality. And the fact that it was hidden to you after a long time makes it more painful. And that is also reality. Doesn’t it Yukimura-sensei?”

Ms. Yukimura cried in front of us. And I know that Karma and Nagisa don’t like what they are witnessing. All of us don’t.

If there is someone who carries the greatest burden in this room, that is Ms. Yukimura. The guilt, she’s carrying it all and I can feel that she’s being ashamed to face us. If we stayed like this longer, it will just be unhealthy for all of us. I want to end it right now.

“I’m sorry, I am SORRY! I’m sorry…” Ms. Yukimura continued to mumble as she knelt and bowed, crying.

“It’s not your fault Yukimura-sensei. No one’s blaming you, so please get up.” Nagisa frowned and he was obviously hurt just by seeing this.

“I agree. Let go Yukimura-sensei. You can’t move forward if you keep blaming yourself.” Karma followed and the two of them stood straight.

She’s breaking down, and I can’t figure out the exact things to do at times like this. But Nagisa said it, nobody’s blaming anyone. We just learned it earlier.