CHAPTER 7: Time to Kill Suspicions (Part 1)

7:30 am @ the apartment

Aguri’s P.O.V

“This is kind of you, Yukimura-sensei.” Nagisa smiled and thanked me for the bento.

“Thank you Sensei. See you later.” Rio did the same and waved at me before going out.

“See you after school. Do your best!” I waved back with a smile, “And take care.”

“Akari”

I miss her.

Why do I always feel heavy when I’m alone? I’m worrying about everything these days, and how could I possibly avoid that? Silly.

I need to consume my time to other things instead of too much thinking.

“Yosh!”

I started cleaning the apartment and finishing all chores.

The last part that I need to organize is my room. I finished cleaning the rest but I don't even feel exhaustion. This is strange.

I opened the closet with few of my clothes that Rio shopped for me. I really appreciate these things that they do because Mr. Karasuma does not allow me to go outside yet even in my disguise.

But I still wish that they would buy some print shirt. Sigh.

I rummaged inside the closet and searched for something to fix when I noticed the white folder that Koro left.

Now that I’m alone…

But, Am I ready with this? I’m curious about the contents, but I never opened it because I’m still on the peak of confusion this past two days.

No, I’m ready now.

And just when I’m thinking of a way to support Koro and the rest, I think I should learn everything first.

I bent and reached for the folder that is hidden in the bottom of the closet.

Old man and Kotaro is madly desperate to dispose it. I think it’s too valuable.

I took a deep breath and finally gathered the courage to learn everything. I flipped the pages and started at the top.

“Nakamura Riko.” So the Nakamura parents were the first to be assassinated. And it was 11 years ago. Grandfather is behind all of this but I’m still oblivious about their dirty works, and I wonder if my parents knew about that before they died. Moreover, I never heard about it even in the news, making it a classified case like the Shiota’s death.

Even my parents’ death was not publicized. My grandfather leading an investigation is purely an act. How can I be so naive? I frowned at the thought. I can’t believe that he’s ready to kill his son for power. And me, he wanted to kill me.

I’m over thinking again so I squeezed my face to regain focus. Focus Aguri. Calm down.

The next content is…

My body shivered and eyes widened with what I discovered. I admit that this surprised me more than anything. I read the content attentively.

“Tomoko Karasuma.” How is she connected to Mr. Karasuma? And she’s… alive but missing.

It states here that Koro got a glimpse of her when I once got the chance to tour him around the main lab.

Wait, I...

I’m roaming inside that lab for almost whole of my life but I never noticed this girl.

I’m realizing how terrible I am..