CHAPTER 8: Time to Kill Suspicions (Part 2)

Nagisa's P.O.V

Kayano. Kaede. She's Akari, Ms. Yukimura's sister. That's why I have a feeling that I saw her somewhere. She's Haruna.

More importantly, Ms. Yukimura looks really disturbed by hearing the news.

"No, she can't agree to that!" She refused to accept the information at first considering that she's the closest person to her sister, and I also believe that.

Mr. Karasuma just looked down on the table.

"That's impossible. I know Akari. She can't do that. She's the last person to trust Kotaro like that. I know her. I know--"

Ms. Yukimura started to sob. And that's the only sound that echoes inside the apartment.

"She can't harm anyone--"

This is complicated.

"Sensei, we won't let her use her hands for something like that." I don't know if that fits, but I want to at least lift Ms. Yukimura's burden.

"We will protect her, sensei." Rio and Kanzaki comforted her while I went to the counter to get a glass of water.

"I know this is reckless, but we can't tell her that Aguri Yukimura is alive... unless--" Mr. Karasuma paused.

Maybe he just wanted to give us hope. But it's hard to expect that things would be easy.

"Unless what--?" Karma asked as we prepared to hear the condition.

"Unless she totally trusts you." Mr. Karasuma blurted out.

"But we can show her Ms. Yukimura, if trust is what we are talking about." I know it is difficult to question Mr. Karasuma's judgment, but the condition sounds irrational...

"Ms. Yukimura said it earlier, that her sister can't do that. Do you think Yanagisawa just pleased her?" A suffocating silence suddenly filled the room.

"No. She's probably under brainwashing, hypnosis, or drugs. At this moment, even if she sees Aguri Yukimura, I doubt that she'll believe and we can't guarantee her loyalty to us." Mr. Karasuma got up from the chair,

"That's how powerful they are so don't expect that this war will be a child-game." he picked up his suitcase and buttoned his tuxedo.

"Ms. Kanzaki you're out of this--" Mr. Karasuma was trying to tell the same thing that he said to Karma before we started to become agents.

"I'm ready Karasuma-sensei." Kanzaki smiled and it was a perfect reassuring smile.

Mr. Karasuma just looked at us, obviously expecting the answer of Kanzaki. "Come on, your parents must be worried. And Karma?"

Karma shook his head, "Later sensei."

"Please join us for the meal. I already prepared--" Ms. Yukimura's eyes are swollen and I can still hear her sniff.

"I'm totally fine, and I got some business to do." Mr. Karasuma looked at his watch and then to Kanzaki.

"I'm sorry to turn it down sensei, but they are expecting me at home. I'll surely give it a try next time. Thank you very much. And I'm really happy to know that you're safe." Kanzaki bowed and smile before walking along with Mr. Karasuma.

Time flew so fast.

I guided them to the front and to lock the door afterwards.

I can hear Mr. Karasuma's briefing her about the confidentiality and the threat behind everything that she learned.