CHAPTER 3: Time to Break some Bones

2 hours ago

Koro’s P.O.V

“Are you serious about this Yukimura-san?”

I watched Aguri as she closed the car and I started to drive. What was I thinking when I agreed to this plan? I feel sorry for using Aguri… but I’m close. I know I’m close to the truth. I’m close in finding proofs that those people are responsible for our parents’ death.

“I’m the one who offered this plan, Nakamura-kun.”

I watched the rear mirror to look at Aguri’s eyes. I can see her resolve. Though I really have a bad feeling about this. WHY ARE WE PRETENDING THAT WE’RE DATING! Oh no. Come on Koro. This is just dating. Dating…

“Dating…”

“Pftt.”

I snapped out of my thoughts when I heard Aguri giggle. DID I JUST SAID IT LOUD?!

“W-what is it?” I’m literally sweating.

“Did you not like it? Heh--”

Hmm, this girl. She’s weird. Her shirt has a print that says ‘I eat crap’ and a drawing of peeled-off banana. Her shirt.

“It’s crappy.”

“What’s crappy? The dating thing?”

Oh no. I said it again!

“N-no! D-Did I say something like crappy?” I immediately turned the radio on and maximized the air condition. I mean I’m good in spying and killing, but I’m not good in these things. Oh my gosh. I lost my cool. She’s giggling again, I think she’s nuts.

“Oh, you’re listening to love songs. I did not thought--”

“Oh no, no…” I quickly changed the station, but to my horror, the songs are all blues. Please! Anyone! I’m begging you to play a groovy song. I’m doomed. But I think music will somehow minimize the awkwardness at least.

“You totally like it!”

Wait why is she’s yelling at me? Hmm, this is not the time to joke around. We have a mission to accomplish.

“Yukimura-san…”

I stopped the car before crossing the junction.

“Please, Aguri is fine.” she smiled at me.

“Alright, A-Aguri. This file.” I lift a white folder to make it recognizable. “I want you to take this folder that has the information about my initial findings about this case. The guys that we are meeting are after this. And ONLY this. You can open this when it’s all done. Can I trust you with this one?”

After a moment of processing and trust building, Aguri nodded. Good.

“And please open that later on my signal. It will lead to an underground passage. Karasuma will meet you below and…” I pointed at the backseat where a hidden door was located.

“And?”

I closed my eyes and sighed. Do I have to tell her this? I felt terrible, and I will definitely feel worse. I’ll leave this to Karasuma. I don’t think I can explain it to her.

The traffic light turns to green and I drove again.

“Are you sure you wanted to continue this?”

There was a heavy silence. I looked at Aguri this time. Her eyes were determined, but I can see that she’s troubled.

“I’m ready.”