CHAPTER 27: Time to Regroup

Irina's track had disappeared and the first thing that Karma noticed in his tracking device was the three green lights on the south.

"Let's meet Koro and the others now."

"Don't you think we should stay here and find a way to save Irina-sensei."

Rio has something in his mind and Karma can read between the lines.

But in response, he dragged Rio outside.

"Uhmmm... NO. We can't." Karma threw Rio's helmet to her and then wear his.

She didn't even gave us leads...

The enemies are way ahead of us. They thought.

...

"You need it, Tomoko! Listen to me." Tadaomi Karasuma insisted.

"We've talked about it, Onii-san!" Tomoko refused for the nth time.

It was a cold morning and winter is visibly coming really soon. They were bent down side by side while scouting a hunted hospital that was long shut down due to sanitation protocol and building code violations. The whole place was run down and silent so Karasuma's intuition and feeling were on trial at the moment...

...but it will be worth trying.

The Karasuma siblings were currently arguing whether Tomoko will continue to use her ability or Karasuma will just barge inside the said building.

She can no longer do it. She can't.

She won't.

"Tomoko."

Karasuma has this stress mark in his face. This is more serious than anything like arguing with Irina or fighting with Koro.

This is more important than anything.

"I won't lose you again." He said intently.

Tomoko was now having a severe epistaxis, not mentioning her shaky knees that were close to breaking down.

And she was.

"LISTEN TO ME." Karasuma caught her from the fall and laid her on the bush where they hide.

Tomoko was quiet. She even didn't have the strength to open her mouth. All that's left was her resolve to stay awake to not make her brother worry more than he's doing right now.

"... you've done enough, Tomoko." Karasuma continued. He reached under his coat a small knife. Tomoko's eyes were shut that time and the next thing she felt was a drop of fluid on her lips and gaining her energy back.

"YOU."

She looked at her brother with mixed rage and surprise, pinning him on the ground.

Karasuma was dumbfounded by the sudden and enormous strength of Tomoko. He had never been afraid like this in a long time. He remembered the moment when his father threw him outside a crew ship to tame a 200-pound shark. But this is more sudden.

Tomoko obviously didn't wanted what his brother had done but Karasuma managed to pull over her and calm her down.

"I won't lose you again--"

"It isn't selfish. I'm not selfish, do I?..." Tomoko quivered.

"... ALL I WANT IS TO BE NORMAL. I DON'T WANT ANY OF THIS... I DON'T WANT IT..."