CHAPTER 9: Time to Kill Suspicions (Part 3)

One week passed since the Class 3-E started to arrange an appointment to at least one of Aguri’s close family members.

And the whole class is in front of the big estate that the Yukimura’s own.

“Wow. I did not expect that Yukimura-sensei lived in a place like this.” Yuuma gasps in awe, “None of us in the family ever, had stepped inside a big traditional house.” He scanned the house from top to bottom.

“Uhm, Isogai-kun. Stop that. You’ll creep-out the house keepers.” Megu was embarrassed by everyone’s behavior that she literally wanted to back out and go home.

“I can’t imagine how a person who dress-up so crappy would have a house like this!” Ryoma butted in.

“Show some respect Terasaka!” Hinata kicked his face.

“I highly prefer someone who wears crap than someone who doesn’t wear his brain, Terasaka. How can you imagine that? I can’t even imagine how that brain of yours function.” Karma mocked which made Ryoma out of control.

“Damn you!”

“Everyone!” Yuzuki gathered their attention, “This will decide whether our deduction is right or wrong. Today, I’m not Fuwa Yuzuki… I’m Sherlock Holmes.” she smirked after a dramatic entrance.

“You’re more like Detective Mouri.” Kouki released a heavy sigh.

This scene is normal to Class 3-E, but not to those around. So every passerby’s looking at them.

“Sorry kids, but have we informed you that only five can come in? The rest can wait inside the lobby.” One of the gate keepers explained.

There’s a lobby? Just how big is this estate?

Everyone’s jaw dropped.

“We understand sir. Thank you.” Yuuma answered.

“Come in then.”

Yuuma and Megu, their class representatives will automatically take two slots, the other three are Yuzuki, Karma and Koutarou.

“You were all students of Aguri, am I correct?” A woman in her 60’s greeted them as the five students simultaneously bowed. “Please settle down.” the woman smiled.

“You already know why we are here, Ma’am.” Yuuma greeted.

“C-Correct. You’re here to see Aguri’s cremation?” The woman walked towards the nearby altar that they made for Aguri which has a jar in the center. Along with it is her parents’ pictures in a big frame.

“I think proving Aguri’s death with your own eyes is a disrespect to the dead. But as her great Aunt, I’m clinging to her memoirs and I’m sure that we cremated her body.” the woman gestured to a maid to hand to her a black envelope. “You can look at it.” she then passed it to Yuuma.

They hesitated to open it because they realized how accommodating and kind Aguri’s family is. Yuuma exhaled and completely pulled the paper inside the envelope. He raised it in a way that everyone may see.

Yuzuki suddenly became upset. She really expected something more will happen after this encounter. Some investigation and research. But she’s wrong. They are wrong.

The data shows that the body’s 100% belongs to Aguri.

He can see how his comrades lost their hope. The expectation was big, and when they failed, the outcome will surely be great too. Karma understands how they feel, so he need to sympathize. Not that he mourns with them, but he felt responsible for killing their suspicions.