CHAPTER 12: Sister's Time

There’s something on how Kaede stares at Irina, she’s clearly dismayed. Irina cannot blame her for suspecting something because Kotaro’s plans were made to fail. But she is also aware that that’s not exactly how it is. Kotaro’s plan on taking down the younger siblings of Koro was not successful because everyone’s working to dump it, including her.

“Irina.” Kaede finally pulled some words, breaking the strange ambiance inside the car but bringing more tension to Irina, “About the incident in Kyoto… do you know something about it?”

“Why don’t you ask your grandfather?” Irina isn’t going to spill anything she knows. She’s adept in a lot of things, including the ability to outwit others..

“I’m not going to do that.” Kaede insisted.

“You already have the answer, brat.”

After hearing Irina’s words, Kaede already realized that Kotaro’s behind all the schemes. Questions invaded her mind.

However, she still can’t understand that she’s being brainwashed.

“Lastly,” Kaede blurted with more curiosity, making Irina look to her direction, “Nakamura Koro… he exists. Is that correct?”

“Probably.” Irina can’t be more specific with her answers, thinking that she might blow-up her mission. But there’s more into it. She wanted Kaede to see things on her own and to give her trust to the right people. But that doesn’t mean that she will be fine if she stops trusting the wrong people.

Although, Irina is also aware of it and she understands it well, that Akari Yukimura is safe as long as her grandfather lives.

“I’m going.” Kaede get out of the car, carrying a white paper bag. Irina watched her as she enters the train station, making sure that she removed all the bugs that were attached to Kaede.

“Buzzzzzz…”

Kaede patiently stands on the doorstep of the Nakamura’s house, repeatedly ringing the doorbell. She’s been waiting outside for quite some time and there are no nearby neighbors to respond to her.

“Uhm… Excuse me?” A little girl with a catchy cherry blossom hair entered the gate and walked slowly towards Kaede, “If you’re looking for the Nakamura’s, I have to tell you that no one’s home.”

Kaede was startled by the girl’s sudden appearance. She even thought that it was a ghost.

“W-Why? I’m quite sure that this is their current address. Look.” Kaede shows a piece of paper where the address was written which she got from Irina’s laptop earlier, from class 3-E’s data. “The school can’t be wrong.”

“W-Who are you by the way?” The girl pouted, feeling something mysterious from Kaede, or, it has to be her instinct that tells her that there is a competition between them.

“I’m Kayano Kaede. I’m here to return Nagisa’s jacket. Do you know hi--”

“Of course! I’ve been waiting for him everyday at the park. That idiot!” The girl suddenly became furious about something that Kaede doesn’t understand-- at first.

Not until she noticed the girl’s change in tone and flustered expression.

“Uhm, do you know where they stay after they left?” Kaede tries to calm the girl as she patted her shoulder.

The girl nodded.

“Where--?”

“In one condition.” the girl has a determined look in her eyes.