CHAPTER 26: Time to Initiate

"You can't go with me." Karasuma insisted as he packed his belongings inside his suitcase.

"But I can use my ability on tracking Nagisa." Tomoko reasoned out.

"I... can try too." Koro's inner self lied because he knows that he can't, but still he tries to convince Karasuma for the millionth time that he can participate on the mission even with his health condition.

It was the 32nd day since they escaped from the lab and every time Koro tried to use his ability, he easily faints. This is why Karasuma concluded that he needs to rest and strictly forbid him to engage in the mission.

"I'll go." Rio butted in, though no one took it seriously.

"I'll go if you go." Karma seconded.

"No. EVERYONE EXCEPT FOR ME will stay here." Karasuma insisted for the eleventh time today at exactly 4:04 AM.

"I'm coming."

"I'm coming!" Irina and Aguri said simultaneously.

"Girls are hard to talk to." Koro smirked.

"Girls are girls." Karma shrugged.

A heavy sigh filled the hall. That was Karasuma.

"We can't all go. You're all a pain." He sighed again.

Everyone looked at him with begging puppy-eyes as he gasped.

"Are you seriously this hyped early in the morning?!"

"YOU'RE LOUD!" Everyone returned the uninvited gasped and the hall were finally filled with childish whines.

"You're so evil."

"Where is your heart?"

"Heartless shit."

"Die alone."

"Go on, loner."

"You can't even shave your hair grandpa."

"How grumpy."

"Stab them with your spiky hair."

Their yammering continued until Karasuma gave in.

"Alright. Let's divide the group." He announced while the others widened their eyes in disbelief.

"Tomoko you'll go with me. Irina, Nakamura-chan, Akabane-kun, you're in charge of searching for Atty. Kanzaki and the Horibe's area. And agent Nakamura and the Yukimura's will search for Dr. Akihito. That's final."

Everyone cheered and bolted outside. They uncovered two cars and two motorcycles that were perfectly hidden under the car port. Aguri discovered them when she accidentally activated Ritsu to open the car port and jokingly said: 'open says me'.

The team started, separating their paths when they arrived Tokyo proper. Koro's group went south, Irina's group went east and the Karasuma's went west after buying snacks for Tomoko in a convenient store.

"How do you feel?" Karasuma asked Tomoko who was busy with her food.

"Never better." Tomoko mumbled after a long thinking whether to answer his brother and talk normally or not.

"Don't you need something? Anything?"

Tomoko stopped and stared at her sandwich. A whirlpool of thoughts invaded her mind. She didn't know what to say-- no she did, but she can't say it. She needs something more than food but she didn't want it. She never did.

"Nakamura told me. And I--" Karasuma stopped.

It slipped, but he'll say it anyway.

"And you what?" Tomoko focused her eyes on her sandwich and frowned.