CHAPTER 23: Time to Escape

The sound of the broken glasses falling on the floor echoed inside the room. The whole lab was in the state of disturbance and the employees was in great confusion.

Koro and Tomoko took that chance to sneak out of the place. However, the security alarms was still functioning so the probability to avoid being caught was narrow. The scientists and the guards that were in-charge of the surveillance eyed them and went in pursuit.

The duo easily maneuvered inside the lab, given that they already memorized the blue print of the whole place. Luckily, the scientist didn’t know about that fact. Of course who would expect that a strictly confined smug-like experiment subject plus a frail 16 year-old girl would learn the place without leaving their restrictions?

Their abilities did.

“That, over there, is the monitoring room.” Tomoko confidently stated under her breath as she pointed on  the end door.

“Ohoh, you developed a good smell Karasuma-chan.” Koro wisecracked but shortly he turned serious, “So the next one is the control room.”

Tomoko didn’t answered, instead she ran passed Koro and kicked the door leading to the monitoring room.

“Whoa, you’re getting scary.” Koro commented before focusing on his own business of infiltrating the control room.

Upon entering, Tomoko quickly scanned the room with her enhanced sight while a group of guards in-charge of the surveillance were expecting for her and their pistols were already pointed at her vital parts.

“D-Don’t move.” One of the guards demanded with a noticeable fear in his voice.

“One… four… eight.” Tomoko skipped-count then proceeded to walk closer to her targets.

“A-I said d-don’t move!” The guard was trembling, and he’s not even aware that his voice consistently rose.

In spite of the imminent danger, eight guns were totally useless and not enough to stop Tomoko from moving.

The guards were sweating as they loaded their pistols, gulping for the last time… in this day.

The one who was closest to Tomoko impulsively pulled the trigger without the command of their leader. The first bullet signaled the start of the indiscriminate firings.

Tomoko easily and unbelievably dodged all the bullets using her enhanced senses.

She can clearly see the bullet coming out form the mouth of the pistol and smell the gun powder that was being emitted before the loud sound.

She can sense them clearly, giving her much advantage.

And after a short while, the eight guards were lying on the floor, unconscious.

Koro smirked when he heard the bang on the other room.

“Tomoko’s really serious about this.” He whispered as he knocked out the first guard whom he encountered before he can completely penetrate the control room.

One by one, he disarmed the guards down before they can even pull a counterattack. And no one made a noise. After a couple of minutes, he finally made it to the last guard inside the control room.

Spying and masking his presence are two of his many expertise after all. Plus, no one noticed him because of the panic brought by the firing next door and the unclear reports that they received over the walkies, thanks to Tomoko.

“Karasuma-chan… can you see Jelavic and Dr. Yukimura on the screen?” Koro asked as if Tomoko was just beside him.

Using their enhanced senses, the duo conversed with each other like they have a built-in walkies.