CHAPTER 1 : THE MEETING

Chandrakala's (a.k.a chandu) point of view

As usual today is another tiring day. Spending an extra hour at lab to teach monkeys-(known as the juniors) who never even would have thought about using their brains – about the experiments is really tiring. Being a good student is not easy in an engineering college, it is tiring as hell and the lecturers having a good opinion and being famous just makes it a tenfold more problematic. I was on my way back home and got down at the bus stop near my house. I walked a little to my left so that I could cross the road. When I was waiting to cross it, there was a guy standing with some luggage. He had a paper in his hand and was looking around him, maybe searching for address. When I was about to take a step I heard a voice 

" Excuse me?". I paused in my actions and that guy appeared beside me. I didn't really notice him properly till then. He was in a grey tee and black jeans with black converse. He looked like he was around the same age as mine. When I looked at him by turning a little he flashed me a smile. " If you don't mind, will you please help me find this address?". I thought for a second and took the paper and read it. It was the house beside mine. I nodded at him and gestured him to follow me by waving my hand at him. He looked like he was a little confused but then " You want me to follow you? ". I nodded again and then I checked the roads once again and we crossed it to the other side. 

I then entered the street and then took the first right. I remember when that house was under construction my room always had heaps of dust. It took me a really long time to clean up my room to look less like some abandoned castle. And there was a problem with this house that owner was such a miser that he didn't leave much space between the compound wall and the house. And that lead to something stupid. As my room was on the first floor, one of the rooms on the first floor of that house is too close to mine. As both of the rooms have balconies they are so close that if one would dare they can jump from one on to the other with ease. And when we asked about it, that guy said he will change it but never did. Think he doesn't know the meaning of personal space. Thinking about all these we reached his house. 

So I stopped in my tracks and turned around. He also stopped when he saw me. I pointed my finger at the house and then at the paper. He took a few seconds and then made an 'oh' and turned his head towards the house and then at me. "Thank you". He then flashed me his signature smile. I just nodded meekly and turned around. "Hey beautiful!  What are you in such a hurry for? " That made me stop in my tracks, but I didn't turn around. He came and stood in front of me. "Hi, I am Karthik ". He said it with a grin. I just raised an eyebrow at him. He then bent a little to eye level and removed my spectacles. I had no problems but I wore them just in case if someone I know sees me I use them as an escape. And the black mask I wear is like armor to me. 

The spectacles were just random reading glasses but a few people get confused because of them so I started wearing them (they are too dumb to get confused, not my mistake). And the mask covered the most part of my face- from my nose till the chin. Thank god I wore them today too. And then back to reality when he removed them I tried to snatch them away but he put his hand behind his back. He looked straight in my eyes and said " You have really beautiful eyes , but there is something lacking in them". I was a little taken aback by that statement. It was as if he was seeing right through me. His gaze was really intense like he was searching for something. My eyes widened a little in shock but I covered it quickly. So I stepped back a little and lowered my eyes. 

Then I pulled his hand and took my spectacles and started walking away. I knew my house is just beside but, I didn't want him to know, so I walked straight ahead. I never knew that I could also blush. I could feel my face turning hot when his breath was fanning on my face. Thanks to the mask. It was not the first time that I stood that close to a guy, but there was something different about him. Once I saw that he entered inside I walked back quickly into my own house. There was something strange about him. I shook my head to get rid of the thoughts and noticed that I was still standing near the door. I walked up to go to my room.

                                                   -MG