CHAPTER 40 : THE SEMINAR (PART 2)

Chandu's point of view

Today Karthik wore black dress pants and white shirt. So I thought I will wear the same as well. I left few clothes here since I know I will be visiting home often. Not because I am homesick but boyfriend-sick. I picked up a black jeans and a white shirt along with a black jacket. I put my hair in a French braid. I put on some compact and then a thin eyeliner. I put on a black bindi which was in a circle shape. Once I was done I picked up my bag and booked a taxi to the college. I reached the place early than needed. So I went to the principal office and he asked me to sit there and everything will be ready by 10:15. 

I was fine with it nut I told them I will look around the campus since I had time. I was going around searching each room. I was on the first floor and looking into the rooms through the windows. I stopped at one of the rooms' window to see Karthik explaining something on the board. He was explaining something related to electricity. I was mesmerized looking at him. The students were also listening to him with their full attention. He was very professional. His hair was also combed neatly. It was not like his careless way of combing it. He looked handsome either way. Actually he looked more mature in this attire. His style was always the one of a careless youth. Jeans, shirts with rolled sleeves and converse or any other shoes. 

That is his style. But now he was in dress pants, crisply ironed shirt tucked in his pants. But his sleeves were rolled up till his elbow like he always has them. His hands were moving in the air like he was composing some music. His hands had those veins popping out like always. He had a cheerful yet serious expression. His eyes had the glint like always showing he was friendly, but his expression on the face told that it was not a good thing to mess with him. Keeping all these aside, his lips still held a small smile while explaining. He is the only one who can be so cool even while explaining something. He was done with explaining and now he was deriving something on the board. 

I even forgot the track of time and was admiring him standing in a corridor like a stalker. I took a quick glance around the class to see some girls having a dreamy expression on their faces as they were taking notes. I smiled at their innocence. It was obvious. Any girl will be looking at him like that. I started walking slowly. As I was near the door some of the heads turned towards me and now I was distracting them. Karthik noticed it and was looking around the class. He then followed their line of sight. But I was quick to react and hid by turning towards the wall. " What happened ? " I could hear him ask the students. His voice showed the authority he had. Someone replied that someone was passing by. He left it there and continued from where he left. 

I carefully left the place. They arranged the seminar in their auditorium. I was sitting in the office. Then a peon came and informed me that everything was ready. I found out they only called the students related to physics and their department staff. This is sure going to be entertaining. I thought to myself and followed the directions he gave me to the hall. All the teaching staff along with the principal was standing near the entrance.

The students were still going in and out of the place. The principal started introducing me to the staff. I noticed Karthik speaking to someone at the back. At last he called him. " Karthik ". As soon as he heard the principal calling him he came to his side, but still didn't notice me. " Meet Ms. Chandrakala. She came as a representative from ISRO to conduct a seminar at our college ". As soon as he saw me standing before me, his eyes were wide from the shock. But I was smiling at him. I put my hand forward for a hand shake. " Nice to meet you Mr. Karthik ". I greeted him as if I didn't know him. He shook my hand still not able to take in the situation. " He is one of the best lecturers ". 

The principal was smiling proudly looking at Karthik. Karthik just gave an awkward smile in return. " Shall we go inside ? " " Yeah sure ". He gave me a questioning look and shook his head. We then went and sat in the first row of chairs in front of the stage. One of the lecturers was speaking about the greatness and other things of ISRO. I received a message and I knew who it was without looking at it. It was from Karthik. He sent me a text asking why I was here. I replied that he already knows the reason and what the principal told was true. I searched around the hall for him. He was standing near the wall towards my right. He shook his head as if he was asking me to be a good kid. I shook mine in response. Soon she finished her speech and I went up the stage. 

" I am not as great as your lecturer described me as ". All of the students laughed at my statement. I looked at Karthik who has a smile on his face as well. But it was different than others. " So as you all know, I am Chandu. So let us get into our topic. I hope I won't be boring ". They all laughed again. I started explaining about different inventions and then about the different fields in which they can work and then finally the ways they can get a job in ISRO. They all clapped once I was done with my part. I asked if they had any more doubts and cleared them. I felt a little tired after speaking for that long time. It sure took longer than it should have. It was lunch time and they took me to the staff room for lunch. It seemed like they rearranged a few things and served lunch on it for me. 

" You shouldn't have done all these sir ". I turned towards the principal. " It is absolutely fine. It is the least we can do ". " But still ". " Please accept it ". I sat at the table and all the items were put around the plate. " Thank you so much sir. Very sweet of you ". " You should be thanking Karthik for it. It was his idea ". " Oh. Very nice of you. Thank you so much ". I said with a sweet smile. " Our pleasure ". Then everyone left to their respective areas after that. Even Karthik went to sit at his desk which was at the corner of the room, but not before sending me a wink when no one was noticing. I finished my lunch and then after half an hour I had another session. I was done by evening and left for home. " It was very nice of you for inviting us over for such useful cause ". " Thank you for coming to our college ". " Our pleasure, sir. Thank you once for the lunch. It was really delicious ". I said that while giving a side glance towards Karthik. 

                                            -MG

Author note :

I just wanted to know what you guys feel about this. So there is more in this story. I don't mean to say any twists or anything, but there is some more. Hope you guys are not bored of it. 😅