CHAPTER 5 : FIRST STEPS FIRST

Chandu's point of view

After some time, during the lunch hour. All of them would go out of the classroom during the lunch hour and I used to go to my usual place. I sit under a tree which was behind the campus building. Once I was done I messaged him to meet me near our class. So I started walking towards the class. "HEY PRINCESS ! STOP! ". I stopped abruptly just listening to the words that flew out of his mouth. I would have fumes coming out of my nostrils right now. I turned around to see him jogging towards me. As soon as he approached me " Do you really need to shout like that ? " He just shrugged. Did he just shrug and let it go that easily, when all the students in the corridor actually turned to watch me. I started walking away and he followed me. "Umm.......". He was saying it and he was opening his mouth once in a while and closing it. I couldn't take it anymore. " What happened ? " "Nothing I just heard a few things about you like,.." I didn't let him finish his sentence. I spoke looking ahead and with a neutral expression and voice " Like I am the topper of the class, never speaks to anyone, doesn't interact with people, very much anti social person, rejected all the guys who proposed with a cold heart and not to mention even Aravind from our section, beautiful but stubborn, talented but tough, above all beat up 5 of the popular seniors ". 

Once I was done I turned towards him to see his mouth open as if a flight could get into it. I laughed a little at him. He immediately closed his mouth. " If you know anything more than this about me, then enlighten me ". " You know every single thing they speak about you...? " I just nodded with a smile. And our journey of the campus started. " So from here....." I have shown him around all the places from canteen to the library. At last I took him towards the sports area where we had courts for different kinds of sports. " This is for football ". " So you have a college team too ? " " Yeah. Why ? " " I wanted to enroll for it ". " Oh, yeah you can there are actually selections going on for the college team. You can submit your forms near the reception ". " Oh, okay. Thank you for showing me around ". I returned the smile he gave me and then we walked back to our class. He even asked me if I would explain the topics he missed and we scheduled to meet at my house once we get back home.

Once I was home I went to my room and got refreshed and changed into some comfortable clothes. I then opened the balcony door and called him. He picked it up and said that he will be there in ten minutes. So I went back into my room and sat at my desk. As said he came in ten minutes. I noticed that he change his clothes too. He wore a t-shirt which has a picture of a guy kicking a football into the goal post printed on a white shirt with black. I remember this t-shirt, because it was the most favorite one for that person. Today I had been in a daze for a subtle amount of time. When he asked about football I was back to the old days and zoned out. He waved his hand in front of my face to bring me out of my daze. " I just said hi ? " He gave me questioning look. " Oh , sorry. I was just thinking about something ". " Are you fine ? " " Yeah I am. Just lost in thought I guess ". I looked away and his expression changed from the concerned one to relief. He always reminded me of that person in some or the other way. Even the sparkle he has in his eyes when he smiles reminds me of them. 

Pushing these thoughts aside I turned to the chapter he missed in mathematics. I told him all the basics and formulas he needed to know for the exercise. " So you got it right ? Try solving the exercise ". I saw that it was still 4:30. " I just feel a little sleepy, so finish it and I'll just take a nap ". He nodded at me and was going through the book. I folded my hands on the table and rested my head on it and slept. I was shook out of my sleep when he called me. " Sorry, I didn't get this one ". I was a little annoyed but I hid it and explained it. He woke me up just when I was 5 minutes into my sleep, so I closed my eyes and slept again. He woke up again after 5 minutes saying he has another doubt. This time I didn't hide my grumpiness. And when I fell asleep this time also, he woke me up. This was it. The limits of my patience were crossed. I banged my fist on the table. He was startled by it. He surely didn't expect it. " ARE YOU INSANE ? YOU REALLY WANT TO DIE, DON'T YOU ? " He was looking at me bewildered. " Sorry. I didn't mean to irritate you ". It was the first time I've seen him speaking in a meek voice. I felt bad for reacting that way, but he was crossing his limits. I sighed and couldn't even be angry at him anymore. " I'm sorry. I just...ugh!.. just don't wake me up those many times. Take this and this too ". I gave him the book I write my notes in and also my assignment book. 

" Just don't do that again. If you do it I don't mind throwing you out of the window, get that ? I don't even mind if anything happens to you ". This time when I slept he really didn't wake me up. I woke getting startled by the same dream that I have every time I sleep. I was covered by sweat when I woke up. I didn't have a deep sleep, so had dreams again. " Are you done ? " It was then that he noticed I was awake. " Yeah , almost ". The time was 5:45 and my parents will be back in some time. " Just do the remaining at your home, because my parents will be back in some time. Take my books if you want, so that you can refer if you get a doubt. Don't mind calling me too, I'll clear if you have any ". " Oh, yeah sure. I'll take this one and thank you so much for the help ". He got up from the chair and before going out of the door he turned around and did something I never would have expected. He hugged me. " I am sorry for being a little annoying ". 

I actually noticed his scent in the time – dark chocolate. It was a little strange that I didn't notice it since the time we met. His breath was fanning over my neck when he was speaking. I could feel the heat rising to my cheeks again. I could feel the heat radiating of his body. Because of the cold sweat I have because of the dream, his body felt even hotter against mine. I had goose bumps all over. " It is okay. I am sorry that I snapped at you ". I felt it hard to get those words out. He gave me a warm smile in return. And then he turned and opened the door to the balcony and jumped over onto his. I really should take a bath. Otherwise my body might be on fire. I took a cold shower and then went down when I heard the noise of people walking around in the floor below.

                                                      -MG