CHAPTER 38 : SIDE EFFECTS OF GOING FURTHER

Chandu's point of view

I quickly finished my morning routine and then took a bath. I packed my bag and then went downstairs. I planned on wearing a turtle neck but it is too hot for it. I will not be able to survive with it. So I wore a shirt and put a scarf around my neck. The worst part of it was I never had any make up items. I never preferred putting it on, so there was no foundation or concealer. So I applied a moisturizer on them and then tried my best to cover them with the scarf. I had not one but three hickeys. One was near my collar bone, one on the right of my neck and the last one towards the left. 

I was lucky enough they were not too high but towards the crook of my neck. I didn't have any breakfast but only a glass of milk. He arrived and my parents greeted him. I was smiling when my parents were watching me, but when they were not I was glaring at him. He looked a bit confused but then he didn't show it. My parents know about us and they were fine with it. We told them as soon as we got our jobs. They accepted happily. We were really happy that they were fine with it. We went to his car and he put my suit case in the trunk and then we drove to the airport in silence. I was angry at him. I cannot stay for a long time but at least I tried. He parked the car and removed his seat belt and turned towards me as I did the same. 

" Why are you mad at me ? " " So now you don't know the reason too ? " " How will I know if you don't tell me ? " I didn't understand if he is really clueless or acting dumb on purpose. " For this ". I removed my scarf. He made an ' oh ' with his mouth in realization. " If it is for that then sorry not sorry ". He had that victory smirk on his face. I slapped his hand. " What ? Don't tell me you didn't like it last night ? " He was teasing me on purpose. My cheeks were hot and turning red like tomatoes. He noticed my cheeks and pinched them. " My little tomato likes it though ". I couldn't help but smile at his comment. He then pulled me closer by putting a hand on the back of neck. He kissed those marks gently giving me a tingling feeling in my stomach. 

" Sorry ". I shook my head at his apology. He smiled at me and then we left the car. He was carrying my bag with one hand and holding my hand with other. He walked up with me till the entrance. He then turned towards me facing me fully. He then took a deep breath and hugged me. " I will miss you. A lot actually ". " Me too ". I pulled back after that. " Don't give me that face. It makes me feel like the bad guy ". I was happy that my comment made him smile. He kissed my forehead. " Be safe ". His hand was still holding mine. He gently placed a kiss on my knuckles and then let it drop to my sides. He went towards the parking to leave. I went inside to board my plane.

The flight was on time and I reached my place by noon. The sun was shining at its brightest and I was having a scarf around my neck. It was too suffocating but I cannot remove it. I collected my luggage and went towards the parking to find Seeta waiting for me. I put my suit case in the trunk and sat beside her in the passenger seat. She was giving me suspicious looks since I have arrived. " Why are you looking at me like that ? " " Why are you having a scarf around your neck when it is this hot ? Are you having a fever ? " " No I am fine. J-just felt like it. Why ? " " I smell something fishy. You better tell me the truth ". She sees through my lies easily. So there is no way she will leave me until she gets what she wants. " Planning on telling me or not ? Don't try to escape it ". She was not going to leave me. 

So I sighed in defeat and removed the scarf. She gave me a brief look and then turned back. But then her eyes widen in shock and surprise. She then turns to look at me with her mouth open. " You better look at the road while driving. I don't want to die so early ". She quickly turned towards the road. She was looking at me through the rear view mirror. Her eyes still held that surprise. " When did this happen ? You better give me all the details when we get home. Aww. You are spoiled too ". She really has a wild imagination. " It is not what you think ". " Sure it is not ". " Just concentrate on driving. I will tell you once we get home ". We then reached my house. I took my luggage and quickly entered the house. But before I could reach the stairs she pulled me and sat me on the sofa. " You are not going to run away ". 

She had a firm grip on my arms. " Okay. I will tell you..." Then I told her the things that happened between us. By the time I finished she was squealing like a little girl. " That's so cute ". My cheeks were flaming red right now. She was laughing at my embarrassing state. " You liked it right ? " She was nudging me with her elbow and wiggling her eyebrows. " Shut up ". It only made her laugh harder. " Where is my lunch ? " She pointed towards the table. " Thank you ". Then I went to eat my lunch towards the table in the open kitchen. " I will go then. Just heat it once if you want to. Bye ". She blew me a kiss and left the house. I have to go and buy a concealer after lunch. 

                                                 -MG