CHAPTER 19 : ANOTHER HIDDEN TALENT IN HER

Karthik's point of view

After that day we met them a few more times and they were almost done with it. Now we were just going around in the corridors since we have 2 free hours. 5 guys from my section and me were going towards the dance studio in our college. We were able to hear music by the time we were near to it. So there was someone inside already. The door was not closed so we went inside to find the girls from our class in it. Someone just finished dancing as everyone was clapping and cheering. Then this time when the music started someone pushed Chandu onto the floor. The music playing was some classical music. 

So after a few beats she started dancing to that song. WOW. She was extraordinary. That would be a very small word to describe her talent. She had perfect postures and expressions. I was lost in her dance. I never thought Kuchipudi could be such interesting dance to watch. She danced for around 2 minutes and the music changed to a hip hop song. She actually knows break dance and she killed it. She was so perfect if she had to do flips or anything else too. She was dancing like she was in a competition. She could win all the awards if she really participated in one. Then the music changed to contemporary music. She was so graceful. She mixed contemporary with ballet and she even did pirouettes in perfect balance. This girl is really something. Her performance was so good. It was a little sad song playing and her expressions were too good. Once she was done everyone clapped and cheered her name. When they saw us there they all turned silent at once. " What are you guys doing here ? " " How can you sneak in when we are here ? " All the girls were nodding in agreement to their confessions. " Oh, come on. You were the ones who left the doors open. Not our mistake ". " How can you say that ? "

 They were starting to get into an argument. Meanwhile Chandu went out of the room. So I followed her out. She went out and sat under one of the trees. She brought her knees up and her head was on them. She then looked up and I noticed the tears that came out of her eyes. She wiped them and took deep breaths. I walked up to her and sat beside her. She sat cross-legged and I followed suit. From in between the branches there was very little sunlight falling on her face. She looked like an angel glowing in the light. " You dance very well ". " Thank you ". She smiled at me but I noticed the moisture her eyes had. Still I only smiled back.

I was working on something on my computer when she came into my mind again. There was something she behind those tears but, I could never ask her. But we got a lot closer than before. And I fell we both know it is just more than friendship. My phone started ringing and it was Chandu. I picked up the call. " Hello. What is the matter ? " " Hey. I received the mail from the photographer. I forwarded it to you. Just check and let me know your opinion ". " Yeah, sure. Hang on for a sec ". I went to my mail box and checked the mail she sent me. All the pictures from that day were there. I was lost in them. Admiring them. " Hello. Are you there ? " Her voice brought me back to earth. " Yes. I am. Just looking at them ". " Do you like them ? " If I am not wrong I noticed the curiosity her voice held. So I decided to tease her a little " Not bad ". " Not bad ? " She sounded as if she was shocked. So I just laughed. " Just kidding. They are really great. I loved them ". I heard the sound of a door opening on the other side. 

I really wanted to tease her so bad, so I didn't hang up. " Mom ". " Oh! You are busy ? Shall I come later ?" " No it is fine tell me. I was just listening to songs ". " Nothing much I just wanted to check up on you. If you want anything to eat or something ? " So I am the singer then. I randomly started sing nuisance. There was not even a complete sentence in my song, let alone a tune and rhythm. " NO ! Mom I am fine. I will come down if I want anything ". Haha. She shouted all of a sudden because of my song. I was on the floor laughing right now. " Did you hit your head with something ? And what was that song ? For god's sake, what rubbish is that thing ? " I couldn't even answer her as I was busy laughing. Once I got control on myself I spoke up again. " I am sorry. But it was total fun ". " Whatever ". I went into another fit of laughter after I hung up.

The next day was a Saturday and I was all alone at home, not knowing what to do. In the afternoon I thought I will visit Chandu since her parents were not home again. And I jumped carefully from my balcony to hers. When I entered her room she was at her desk doing something. I thought I will scare her so went and closed her eyes with my palms. " You should be less noisy if you want to scare anyone ". " You are truly no fun ". She only shook her head at me like I was a little kid. She then got up from there and went out of her room into the living room. I followed her and sat on the sofa beside her. " Why are you here ? " " All of them went to attend a marriage. I didn't want to. So I was alone at home. I got bored and thought I will grace you with my presence ". I raised my palm as if I was blessing her. " Really ? Thank you so much ". She said in a sarcastic tone. " Do you have anything to eat ? " " I don't think so ". " It's okay. Forget it ". " You want me to prepare anything ? " " Why ? You want to kill me or something ? " " I am a very good cook ". " No it is fine ". 

She got up from that place and went into the kitchen. I switched on the television and started watching a random movie. I could hear utensils clicking and blending of things. Not much more than 40 minutes she bought and put two plates with forks and food in them. She actually prepared cheese rolls and pasta in this little amount of time. She set them on the coffee table and sat beside me. She put a little of both on another plate and gave it to me. " Eat it. I didn't poison it or something (anything)". I hastily picked up a cheese roll and dipped in the sauce and put in my mouth. I bit it and ate it. It was amazing. I looked at her wide eyed, but she was looking straight at the television. " I know just eat it ". She smiled at me and picked up some for herself and started eating. She sure is a wonderful cook. Once we were done she put all the dishes in the wash basin. We continued watching the movie and it was getting a little dark. The time was almost 6. " Do you have anything to do ? " " No. Why ? " " Then will you come with me ? " " Yes. Let's go ". 

She picked up her bike keys and then we locked the door and left the house. " Are you going to kidnap me or what ? " " You think you are worth it ? " She sure has a comment waiting for me all the time. She stopped near a super market. " You need to buy something ? " " Yep. Just some groceries ". She started picking up some vegetables and then some powders used for seasoning. Once she was done we bought all of them and we left the store.

                                                    -MG