CHAPTER 31 : HER TRUST IN HIM

Back to present

Karthik's point of view

She wiped her cheeks that were stained with tears. " After her death I never allowed anyone to get close tome. She was my whole world and I was hers. After seeing my reaction to it many of them wanted me to consult a therapist. But my parents refused to do so. They said that they wanted me to come over it by myself and not because of some treatment or medicines. They wanted me to cure myself naturally. They knew that I would never go for a treatment if it means that I might forget about her.They knew me all too well to know that I don't want to forget even a single moment even if it is a sad one. They never questioned my behavior too. They did everything I like and let me do everything I want. Remember the academy we went ? " 

I nodded. "That was where we both got trained in different martial arts. We both used to do everything together.The office I went on that day ? " I nodded again. " The chairman is actually her father's elder brother. We liked to do fashion designing since we were little. So we learnt a few things and drew designs. He saw them once and liked them a lot. So he promised he will give us part time jobs once we grow up. He did what he promised. He gave me a job there. The painting in my cabin is the first dress we both designed together and was officially launched as a product. The people whom you met and had lunch with are her parents. That was why I asked you not to ask about children. The cafe we visited is where we used to hang out most of the time. We used to call him brother and he called us his little sisters. I actually stopped calling him that after her. I even call her parents aunty and uncle now. It hurts too much to call them mom and dad.But I don't want to forget her. So whenever I go to all those places it still feels like she is there beside me, so I go there every once in a while ". 

She smiled weakly at me. That was a lot to take in. I never expected to have such a dark past. It hurt to see her sad like that. She has gone through a lot. So now the question that I have always had, got answered. She was a really nice girl and a really beautiful person inside and outside. She was looking at the sky when I turned towards her. " It is her birthday tomorrow ". So that was the reason she was here. I saw the time and it was a little past 12. So it is officially today. " Shall we greet her then ? " She looked confused at my question. " Happy birthday Satya ". She smiled a little. " You know people who die become stars and see us from there ". I pointed towards the sky. She was looking at it too. 

" I will take good care of Chandu. You need not worry about her ". She was watching me when I spoke. " Thank you for coming and listening to me the whole while ". "It was nothing. But why did you tell me ? " " Because I trust you enough with my past. You have seen me in my weak times too. So I know and trust you that you will keep it a secret ". Her eyes held a different emotion when she spoke. I was not sure of it but it was nice to know that she trusted me over all of the people in her life. I smiled at her. We sat there in silence admiring the starry sky. After sometime we got up and departed after saying our goodbyes. I felt happy that she opened up to me and trusted me with it. So maybe it was love ? Her eyes told me that it was true. But I didn't know if it was sure.

In the next few days we were close to each other. She didn't pull away when I held her hand and didn't hesitate to hold mine in response. I was happy for the progress in our relationship. The days passed by quickly and we were done with our semester. We finished all our exams too. It has been a few days since we had holidays. I was really happy to see her daily. I was sure she would accept my proposal. But a little part of me didn't want to ruin the friendship we have. But still I wanted to. So I texted her asking to meet me on her terrace this night.         

                                                      -MG