CHAPTER 28 : THE BOND BETWEEN THEM

Chandu's point of view

" Hello. Who do we have here ? " We looked up to the person who welcomed us. " Hi brother. We won a match again...." We both told him about the match against Akshat too. He was surprised after listening to it. " Wow. You guys are awesome. I am really proud of my little sisters ". We grinned at him. " How about my treat today ? " " REALLY ? " We both shouted in unison. He nodded at us and left the table to get our food. We both clapped happily. " Thank you so much ". We chirped happily when he served our food. It was one of the best cafes of which I have visited. He left to continue his work. We started to dig in. Playing two matches at a stretch sure will make you hungry. " Oh ! We need to complete the designs and submit by day after tomorrow ". Satya was right we still have to submit the designs for the upcoming fashion week from our company. I totally forgot. 

" Yes. I forgot it. Let's eat fast and get home and complete it ". So we hurriedly finished our food and hurried to her house. We went to her room and started working on the dresses we need to present. It was late night by the time we were done. Her mother asked if we wanted to eat anything and we said we will once we were done. But it was 11 at night right now. We stepped out of her room to see all the lights off in the house. So we carefully went into the kitchen. The food items were still left on the table with lids on them. We grinned at each other. It was common for us to stay at nights at each others' houses. Our parents knew about us, so they never objected it. We finished eating and then went back to her room again. " It was such a loooooong day ". 

I was yawning at the end and she agreed to it by nodding with her eyelids half closed. We slept on her bed and as soon as my head hit the pillow I fell asleep. Even she was fast asleep. Since it was Sunday the next day, we woke up late. Her father drove us to the office. We went up to the chairman's office and knocked the door. " Come in ". We both went inside. " Good morning sir ". We both greeted at a time. " How many times should I tell you to call me uncle and not sir ? " " Sorry uncle ". " So what brought you here today ? " We put the file in front of him. He went through all the pages. " As wonderful as usual ". He said grinning at us once he was done looking through the file. " I'll send them for a final look and then you will be done ". " Thank you sir ". 

We left the room and went to our room. We sat on the couch and waited for some time. Soon they sent us the approved designs and asked to start working on the material and exact colors we would be using for the dresses. We went through all the shelves in the room looking for colors and cloth. We checked up for the latest arrivals, for new colors and materials. It was late in the evening by the time we reached home. We were done with most of them only a few were left. By the time we reached her house, my parents were chatting happily with her parents. " Let's go home ? " I nodded and then turned towards Satya. Soon I was in my parents' car leaving for home.

Everyone who knew us would tease us that we were lost twins. I didn't think about it though, neither did she. We loved being in each other's company. It was like we were just meant to be. We were more like sisters than friends. So it felt bad when we were separated from each other.

Soon the year came to an end and we were done with our exams too. We were all eagerly waiting for our results to be out. We were a week into our holidays and we both were too bored to stay at home. So we planned on meeting at my house and then go somewhere from here.She called me at 10:30 in the morning. " Hey. Morning. I am on my way there "." There is no hurry be careful ". " Yeah, yeah. See you. Bye ". She hung up after that. I could hear horns during the call. Maybe she was on her way. It was a 40 minute drive from her house to mine. But most of the times it took an hour because of the heavy traffic.

                                                      -MG