CHAPTER 7 : ADMIRING HER

Karthik's point of view

BACK TO PRESENT

"Everyone thought she was arrogant when she did these, but I found it really amusing that she thinks in such a matured way at such an age. She is totally clear of what she thinks and speaks in front of others ". He sighed after saying this. " So I guess you got the answer for your question ". I smiled at him. " Thank you sir ". He nodded and I left the room. I went to have my lunch and then I wanted to search for her. I went to our class room and found only a few of them in the class, so I asked one of the girls about her and found out that she will be in the library right now. I went to the library and saw that there were really less students than usual. I started looking around for her and when I reached one corner of the room I noticed a couch and saw her sleeping peacefully on it. I was surprised that they allow people to sleep like this in the library. So I pulled out a chair and sat in front of her and started to admire her features. She looked a little bit less distant when she was sleeping. She was a really beautiful girl.

With the long hair which reaches till her hips, her honey color eyes, nice nose, pink lips, she was indeed beautiful. Out of all, I admired her eyes the most. They were a really beautiful color but there was something mysterious about the look she has. She seemed to have a void expression and some kind of darkness in her eyes, like she is hiding something behind that expression of hers. I noticed that she was moving a little. She opened her eyes slowly and rubbed them. She sat up straight. " Why are you here ? And why were you staring at me like that ?". " Why, shouldn't I ? " She shook her head as if she was so done with me. I smiled at her. Actually after I spoke to the lecturer I was seeing her in a different light now. She picked up her things and was ready to leave. 

"I couldn't sleep yesterday because I had to show you around. And now you disturbed it again. I'm so done with you ". It was fine for anyone to sleep but she was doing it almost all the time. I couldn't help but question it. " But why do you sleep all the time ? " " It is my only escape from this world ". I saw her expression changing as soon as she said it. It was as if she was regretting saying it. " Just forget it ". She started walking fast after saying that. It took me a second to understand what she said but then I put the thought aside and sped up and fell in step with her. Then we walked back to class and I shouldn't forget to submit my form for the football selections.

Third person point of view

It has been a month since they met and there is a little progress as Karthik is trying to warm up to her. It was 7 in the morning on a Sunday when Chandu woke up and even finished with her morning routine and took a bath too. She was drying her hair with a towel standing in the balcony. Karthik who was still half asleep suddenly woke up and found her outside and got up from bed. It was as though he was mesmerized by her beautiful face for a second. Her face had tiny droplets of water and they were shining due to the sun rays. Those little droplets were reflecting the morning sun rays and she was looking like an angel. " Good morning ". She just nodded in return. 

It was just her way of replying to it. She was too scared to let her guard down because she was scared that she will be the one who is hurt at the end again. So even when he made an effort she tried to reject it as much as possible. She knew in her heart that she was not having the same feeling towards him as she felt towards others. He was different, at least for her and with her. The first impression he gave was a total different one compared to his original character. He didn't even really speak to girls let a lot, let alone flirting with them like he did with her. " You are up so early on a Sunday ? Can I know why ? " " Have some business to attend ". " Oh ! Really ? I will also come with you ".She didn't expect that from him. Even though a part of her wanted him to come,she still didn't want him to come. She was scared that he will know what she was. But still unknowingly a few words flew out of her mouth. " I will leave by 7:30 ". " Oh ! It is still fine I will be ready by then ". And then she saw him rushing out of his room.

She was herself very surprised at her words. She didn't know why she said them but she just hoped that she won't regret it. She picked up her bag, phone and then walked out of her house by 7:30. By the time she parked her bike and closed her gate and came back she found him standing near her bike. She just sighed and walked over to her bike. She took a bandanna and tied on her head so that one pointed end was at towards her ponytail. She then handed a helmet to him. Before putting on her helmet a thought crossed her mind. " Listen carefully. You are not going to ask me questions like where we are going, why we are going or what we are going to do. You are going to follow whatever I say without questioning it. I don't mind leaving you at the middle of some place and go. Get that ? " He nodded obediently. " And you are not going to tell anyone about this anywhere even if you are going to die because of it. Got it ?" " OK. OK. I will not tell anyone. I promise and I keep up my promises ". She warned him in a deadly serious tone and then she put on her helmet. Once they were ready they started their journey. It was the first time a guy sat on her bike.

She never really gave a lift to anyone. It was only her family, but now it was a boy and not just anyone but Karthik. He maintained his distance while sitting behind her, but she was a little nervous at her heart.

                                                    -MG