CHAPTER 44 : THE IMPORTANT DECISION

Chandu's point of view

I woke up to the ringing of my phone again. I cursed silently at it. I then tried to open my eyes and found myself on the couch. But there were two strong arms hugging me. I lifted my head to see who it was and then all the things came back flooding to my memory. I remember sleeping on his shoulder but now we were sleeping on the couch. I pulled out my phone from my pocket and cut off the annoying alarm. I tried coming out of his grip without waking him up, but he opened his before even me trying it. He sat us both up properly. He stretched his arms. " Good morning ". He said with a smile. " Good morning ". It was 6:30 and I had to go to work. So I stood up from the couch. 

" Use that room and you can put your luggage there too ". He nodded and stood up too. " Coffee ? " He nodded while going towards the room. I went to my room and brushed my teeth and washed my face. I went down to the kitchen and was preparing his coffee when he entered the kitchen. " So what brought you here ? " I asked him giving him his coffee. " Come I will show you". He led me towards the room I gave him. Once we entered the room he opened the bag and handed me a box. I opened it to find a beautiful long frock in it. It was light blue in color. I took it out of the box and it was a floor length umbrella cut frock. The upper part is a dark blue and then the remaining is light blue. It has floral design with golden thread. 

It has a U neck and the same golden piping to it. It was simply stunning. I loved it. I turned towards him with a huge grin. " Like it ? " He tilted his head to the side making his hair fall a little onto his forehead and looking adorable as ever. " Love it ". He smiled at my response. "I saw it in a mall and thought it suits you really well. So I thought I will give it to you ". I placed the dress on the bed and went towards him. I hugged and placed a kiss on his cheek. " Thank you ". One of his hands was holding the cup and the other was around my waist. He was beaming at me. " No mention ". " But is this the reason you came here ? All the way here to give me this ? " He took a sip from his cup and shook his head gulping it. He let out a sigh of content. 

" I applied for a job and I have an interview today ". I nodded looking down. But realization struck me. " W-what ?" He only smiled and pecked my forehead. " I know that you were still deciding on leaving the job or me shifting here. So I didn't want to force you to leave your job. I know how much it means to you. My job is not really an issue, so I thought I will apply for a nearby college ". I was speechless after his confession. He was ready to move in here because he didn't want me to leave the job. I hugged him tightly startling him. " Y-you...are....ch-choking me ". I immediately let go of him. " I am so sorry. I didn't mean to ". He chuckled at my worried expression. He put the cup on the night stand and came towards me and snaked him arms around my waist. 

" It is okay ". " I really appreciate it but I am still thinking about it. You need not do it for me ". I said it lowering my lashes. He cupped my face in his hands and made me look into his eyes. " Let me make this thing clear. I know how much you like the job. I've seen the passion you have. So I don't want you to leave it. And as for me, I never really had any goal. I chose this job because I felt it was my type of thing.It is not a rule that I should be working only in that college. I can do it anywhere. It really doesn't matter to me. It is not a big issue since I am doing it for you. I don't mind doing anything for my one and only love and my dearest wife. So chill ". 

By the end I could feel wetness on my cheeks. Tears were rolling down my cheeks. He wiped the tears with his thumbs and brought his face closer to mine and placed his lips on mine. A few more tears roll down when I was kissing him. I could feel the taste of the coffee I made for him. He wiped the tears again and smiled at me. " The sugar was not enough in the coffee ". I didn't know what to say, so I said the thing that came to my mind." Since I tasted your sweet lips, now it should be fine ". He said while rubbing my lower lip with his thumb. My cheeks were turning red and I hit his chest playfully making him chuckle. 

" Can I wear it today ? " I questioned gesturing to the dress he gave me. " As you wish ". I pull out of his embrace.How much ever I like it I have work to do. I go out of the room with the dress and him following me close behind. I put the dress on the couch and head to the kitchen once again. I start with cutting the vegetables to cook lunch for the both of us. Once I was done I head upstairs and him into the guest room. I finish taking a shower and wear the dress he gave me. I loved it. I put on light make up than usual. I headed downstairs to prepare breakfast. I didn't really have much for breakfast. Just some milk and bread toast will do fine. So for today I will go with that, but from tomorrow I will prepare something else for him. 

I headed back downstairs and then put the bread in the toaster. I went to his room to see if he was done. I knocked on the door. " Come in ". I entered the room to see him buttoning up his shirt. He was almost done only a few were left on the top. I went towards him standing in front of him. " How is it ? " He was just staring at me without uttering a word. A small frown formed on my face. " You are absolutely breath taking ". I smiled at his response. "Thank you ". I could see his eyes sparkling. I then moved forward and started buttoning up the remaining buttons. He was amused by my actions and I could see it in his eyes too. But he enjoyed it. I could tell it by the expression he held. 

His hands were resting loosely on my hips. Then I picked up the tie and put it around his neck. And last but not the least I help him put on his jacket and done. Wow. That was the only word that came to my mind after seeing him like this. He looked like a manager of some company going for a meeting. " Like what you are seeing baby girl ? " Even though I blushed for getting caught while staring at him, I replied honestly. " I do ". He finished combing his hair and we went to have breakfast. I insisted on him taking my car. So he told that he wanted to drop me at the office and then leave for his interview. 

                                                             -MG