CHAPTER 30 : THE WORST TRAGEDY EVER

Chandu's point of view

The moment I stepped inside I saw her on the bed. She had bandages around her body. She had a lot of bruises on her face and the other hand and legs too. I couldn't bear looking at her like that. Tears threatened to spill again. But I held them in. She gave me a weak smile as soon as she saw me. " How are you ? " She asked me in a weak voice. It was so low that I could have missed it. But the room was too silent, so I was able to hear her. I just nodded my head. If I spoke my voice would come out hoarse and cracking. She will find out that I cried. I just looked down. " Please don't cry. It hurts me if you cry ". Her words were making it even harder to hold in my tears. I nodded again. 

I walked closer and sat beside her on a chair. I took her hand in mine and held it lightly. I was rubbing circles on the back of her hand with my thumb. " Thank you so much. For being there for me at all times. Happy and sad. I am really lucky to have a friend like you. In fact more like a sister. You guided me, helped me, cheered on me. You were always there as a shoulder that I could cry on. The person whom I could say is god's gift to me. Thank you for being the sister I've never had, the mother who cared for me, the father who put me in limits and above all my whole world. I love you ". Tears were flowing out of my eyes by the time she ended. " Don't cry. Please ". I wiped the tears. " Smile for me. It suits you the best. You look really beautiful when you smile. You look like a snail if you cry ". 

That made me smile a little. She was joking even at times like this. She smiled when I smiled. " I am sorry that I hurt you. I want you to smile like this all the time. You shouldn't cry from now on. Promise ? " I shook my head. She didn't say anything. She looked into my eyes and gripped my hand a little tighter than before. " Please keep smiling. Don't worry about me I am always alive in you and in your heart ". I smiled at her even if I was dying inside. I felt her grip loosen and the machine beside me started to blink. I held her hands for a few seconds and then the doctors came in and asked me to wait outside. There were no more tears coming out of my eyes when I was waiting outside. It was all over. My life is now left incomplete without her. Her parents were crying even harder. 

I sat on one of the chairs in a daze. Soon the doctor came out and told us the news that she was no more. The next few days passed by without even me realizing it. I ate little when I felt like it and even skipped meals at times. In the past few days even a single tear did not leak out of my eyes. I was too shook to take it in. 15 days have passed since her death and I was still not out of it. I just sat with a blank face and mind. It was nice to be in a void without thinking about anything. I cried myself to sleep every night and had nightmares. It was the same dream every day. I see the moments when we were together and then see her disappearing into thin air. I wake up with sweat all over my body and shaking. I sometimes take a bath and then go to sleep again after changing into a fresh set of clothes. Once I was back to my routine life I was never the same cheerful person. I became very silent and never spoke to anyone. That was from when I became this cold person I am.

                                                       -MG

Author's note :

There will be traumatizing things in our life that might change us into a completely different person. But then there might be someone for everyone who will bring back you the happiness you've lost. I think people shouldn't dwell in the past and try going on. You might not be the same as you were, but you can continue being what you want to be like. I think if it is a person you've lost, do you think they would be happy to know that you are suffering because of it ? Just think about what about the ones around you now and the ones who love you and want you to be happy😊. CHEER UP! 🥳And be happy. I am very happy because Karthik found Chandu and will be with her for the rest of her life to love and keep her happily smiling. 😘😍Don't think it is over yet, there is lot more. 😏You need to know about their love life and some cute romance right?! 🙈😅 It might not be only cute as well. Stay tuned for it.😁