CHAPTER 15 : THE FIGHTER AND TOUGH SIDE OF HER

Karthik's point of view

The next day I was at the parking lot. I just parked my bike and another one entered and they parked a little away from mine. It was actually Chandu. She parked her bike, removed her helmet. She hung her bag along her shoulder and started walking. She actually didn't notice me there. She was walking with her head down. She was in another one of her typical outfits today. She wore a shirt of black color and a t-shirt with black and dark blue blocks. Only the collar and the bottom end are visible and the remaining was the t-shirt. She paired them up with black ripped jeans and dark blue sneakers. Once she raised her head she saw me and smiled at me. " Good morning ". She greeted me with a smile which I returned. " Good morning ". We both started walking together towards the building. While going towards the stairs we noticed a crowd and walked towards them. Once we were near the crowd Chandu spoke up. " You are always a dog's tail Abhishek, aren't you ? You will never change even in a hundred years or even if you go through rebirth". 

The crowd parted hearing her voice. There was a guy sitting on a bike holding to another guy's collar. His eyes widened in utter shock when he saw her. " Oh! Hi sister. Long time no see. It is nothing. We were just talking ". She gave him a hard glare. " What are all of you watching ? Go. GO ! " He sent away all the students. " I need to go to class. Bye. Have a nice day ". He then left the place in a hurry. We then started walking towards the class. " You are curious who that guy is ? " " A little ". She smiled at my reply. " Remember this ? The thing that I beat up 5 seniors ? " I nodded. " It is just a rumor right ? " There is no way it was true. " No. It is true. But not 5 guys technically I beat up only 4 and a half guys ". " I didn't get it ". " During the first semester, it is common that the seniors like to bully students. So one day he was bullying a girl and it was crossing the limits. So I got angry at it and beat them up. Actually after I punched a guy he ran away. So it is only 4 and a half. The leader of that gang is the guy you just saw, Abhishek. He thinks he can do anything with money. I didn't hit them hard but, enough for them to feel pain. They didn't show up for a week after that ". 

" Did he let go of it that easily ? " " I visited his home when he was absent. I told him that if he would do something like that again I wouldn't go easy on him. Maybe he got the message he never really tried anything against me. But he said he likes to call me sister. I accepted for it. So that's it. Long story, short. The end ". " But how come did you beat them up ? " " I actually learnt kick boxing for quite some time. I just used it on them ". She shrugged after it. " Wow. You even learnt that ? Interesting ". I gave her a warm smile and she returned it. We were at our class by then.

We were almost at the end of the semester already. We need to prepare for the exams too. I managed well with the mids but this time I have to work a little harder. It was a Sunday and it was actually raining. No one can predict the weather ever. It was afternoon, but the sun was nowhere to be seen. I thought I will chat with Chandu for some time. So I called her. " Hey. Where are you right now ? " I could hear the sound of water drops. No way she was getting drenched in the rain. " On the terrace ". So I was right. " GO down immediately ". " No it is fine here ". Fine ? What does she mean 'it is fine' ? " No way. Just go back down ". " Okay ". She hung up after that.

                                                              -MG