CHAPTER 32 : THE PROPOSAL, ACCEPTED OR REJECTED?

Chandu's point of view

Karthik sent me a text saying that he wanted to meet me today night. I replied that I was fine. I wanted to tell him about my feelings for him. But I was scared to get hurt again. But maybe I can survive it even if he rejects me. I hope we can still be friends after that. But I knew that he will not reject it. So I thought I will confess to him today. I finished my dinner and was waiting in my room. He told that he will inform me once he arrives. I received a text that he was on my terrace. My heart started to beat faster with each step I took. I reached the terrace and saw him standing leaning against the wall. 

He turned around once he noticed my presence. I walked up to him and stood in front of him. He was a little nervous. He was trying to act cool but he was as nervous as I was. He closed his eyes and took one deep breath and then opened his eyes with confidence. He was looking straight in my eyes and I held his gaze. " I don't know from where to start. I don't know if it was love at first sight. The moment I saw your eyes I fell in love with them. They are a really beautiful color. But they had a dark background to them. But now that I see emotion in them they just became even more beautiful. The way you speak, your smile, your naughtiness, your kind side, your heart and everything else just made me fall harder for you. Every single thing about you is perfect. I couldn't help but fall for your charms. 

I was in a dilemma if it was just infatuation. But whenever I saw you crying it hurt me too. I wanted to see that you are happy every second. I wanted to be a person who you spent your happiness with and a shoulder to cry on. I even got jealous when I found out that all the boys liked you a lot. If all those mixed feelings are called love then I love you. If the happiness I find in your eyes every time I see you is love, then I love you. So I am asking you wholeheartedly. I might sound selfish, but.. I want to be the person you smile at and the reason of your smile, the one you cry for, the one you get mad at, the one you want to be with and the one you miss when far away. So please give me a chance to be that person for the rest of your life. Will you be my girlfriend ? " I was touched by his words. 

His words just melted my heart. So I replied to his question. I turned away and I could see his face clouding with emotions. " I thought I would be the first one to confess ". I could see his expression change from confusion to realization. By the time he took in my words I hugged him by putting my hands around his neck. " I love you too. Thank you for coming into my life ". He hugged me back. I pulled away to see him beaming at me. His eyes were sparkling in the moonlight with happiness. " I wanted to give you something ". I took out the bracelet from my pocket and gave it to him. " For me ? " I nodded. " Wow ". I helped him put it on. " You made this ? For me ? " " I made it. But you will laugh at me if I tell you the reason behind it ". 

" No I will not. Tell me " " Actually I made a few days before Satya expired. We both made one each to give it to our boyfriends. We wanted our boyfriends also to become good friends if we have one someday. So we made them to gift them to our boyfriends ". He actually didn't laugh but gave me a warm smile. " That was really cool. I like that idea. But you had a boyfriend before ? " I laughed at his expression. " No. Never. You are my first love. We wanted to when we had one. So I gave it to you. Speaking of it I never even had a crush on anyone. Guys actually were scared of me and Satya. So they never dared to approach us ". I laughed a little. He was amused at my statement. " Not a lie though. You are scary sometimes ". " I know ". 

 He was admiring the bracelet on his hand. " I took some of her things after her death from her room and I actually took the other bracelet too. I thought it will be nice to have same ones for us ". " It is cute. I love it ". I was happy that he liked the idea. I expected him to tease me but he accepted it. " At first I never wanted to say the words you told me to anyone. Because they reminded me of the day of her death. Those were words she said to me. I never expected myself to say those words ". He patted my head. " It is okay ". I smiled at his care. He was very protective towards me. We stood beside each other holding hands and looking at the sky. We decided to leave after some time, since it was getting late. I turned around towards the door to the stairs into my house, but I stopped after two steps. I turned around and went towards him. I stood on my tip toes and quickly kissed his cheek and then ran towards the door. I turned my head to look at him and he was grinning at me.

                                                    -MG