CHAPTER 2 : THE DISCOVERY

Chandu's point of view

The next day, even though it was Sunday I had a lot to do. So when I woke up at eight I brushed my teeth and went down to prepare something for breakfast. Me being myself, I was too lazy so I just eat some cereal and then I went back to my room and cleaned it and then I went down again and cleaned the whole house. Once I was done I went to take a bath and then I started doing my home works, assignments and record work. It was almost 11:30 by the time I was done, so I got up and when to cook something for lunch. I really hated it when my parents were not at home, since I had to do all the work. So I thought that a curry and some rice would be fine since it is only me. And once I was done I finished having my lunch and cleaned all the dishes too. I then sat on the sofa for 10 minutes and then went to my room again. I liked music a lot so I started playing some classical music. It is not that I don't like rock or hip-hop, I was just in the mood to listen to them. So the first song that came out was 'Yendaro mahanubhavulu' by Bala Muralikrishna, one of my favorites. I started singing along with it as soon as it started playing. I have learned Carnatic music since I was a child so I can pretty much sing well (everyone's ears are safe). 

It was almost 3 in the afternoon, when I thought I will arrange the things in my room. I was walking around putting things in place, even though I was a clean person, I was not really a neat person so I started putting things in their respective places. When I was walking around I was looking into some book and was standing near the balcony door, a paper ball came and fell near my legs. I picked it up and opened it and I automatically shut my mouth when I saw it. ' Nice voice'. That was what the paper read. I looked around and saw him standing in his own balcony, leaning against the railing using his folded hands as support. I went out and threw it back and his eyes darkened a little at it. "So you can speak ? ". I raised an eyebrow " What are you talking about? ". " Don't act like you don't know." "Maybe you mistook me for someone else ". " Your spectacles give it right away. So stop with the act and tell me why you lied to me that you can't speak ? ". I cursed at it because someone actually noticed me because of them and removed them and hung on my shirt near the neck. " Did I tell you that I cannot speak ? And why were you eavesdropping ? You are the one who misunderstood things and then blaming me for it ". I couldn't help but scoff at his words. " Then you might have answered to my questions verbally, rather than just showing some signs". He was waving his hands in the air like he was saying something. He was not going to let go was he ? !

" The signs were more than enough for your questions ". I am an arrogant person, you can say it, I've heard that a lot from a lot of people. He just shook his head at me " I was not eavesdropping or anything , I could hear it till here. According to my guess there is no one in the house so it is silent. And my room is not that far away, so due to that I could hear it. You know there will be echo when there is more space than obstacles and the sound waves reflect more number of times and there will be more sound produced than usual ". Nice. It looks like he was a science student, since he was speaking about all these. I just nodded a little and was half way turning around into my room. "Stop!". He yelled a little louder than needed, so I turned around again and I had a little annoyed expression on my face. He was really starting to get on my nerves.

                                                           -MG