CHAPTER 9 : KNOWING HER MORE (PART 2)

Third person point of view

From there it took them almost another hour with the traffic in the city to reach another building. This time they entered the parking lot at the bottom of the building. Then after parking her bike they took the lift to the 7th floor. Once they reached the floor they entered into another totally different environment. There will people going around here and there a few dresses hanging near the walls. He didn't understand but then they went towards one of the corners of the large floor. There was a room at that end and they entered the room. He found a desk in that room which had a few files and some vase at one end of it. He noticed that the room had white walls on all the sides with no color other than that. 

She sat on one side of the table towards the wall. " Sit down ". He sat on one of the chair opposite to hers on the other side of the desk, his back facing the door. The room was filled with shelves on two opposite sides. There was a couch to the wall towards their left. Towards their right there was a wall size painting. It was a painting of a dress which started with white color at the top but ended with blue at the end. It was a fish cut style frock which was flying a little at the ends. He noticed a signature at the end of it at the right bottom. It was SC. He didn't know what it meant but didn't dare asking her after the warning she gave him. She started looking through the files placed on her desk. He didn't know why they were here and didn't know why everyone greeted her calling her madam. But after he saw the way she fought with that guy and knowing her talent he wouldn't dare utter a word. 

" Are you hungry ? " " What ? " He didn't expect it so he was a little startled by it. " Yeah a little". She picked up the land line and called someone to come in. She then asked him to order for anything he wanted. Once he ordered the food was there in 10 minutes, fresh and hot. She didn't eat much she only had a glass of milk while continuing to look at the files. He noticed that she was frowning a little while looking at one of the files. She huffed in annoyance and picked up the land line and dialed a number. He was patiently watching all her actions. Then she got up from her chair. " Come. I'll show you someone ". Then they walked out of the room and then went to the floor above. They entered another room in that floor. When they walked there was a man sitting on a chair looking at his computer. 

But when he saw her face just by the look of it you could guess that he was more than happy to see her. " You finally have time for this old man ". " You know I'm busy and come to do my job on time all the time ". " I know, I know. Come sit. Who is this guy ? ". " He is Karthik ". " Is he your boyfriend ? " WHAT? They both look at each other wide eyed. " He is just my friend ". " If you say so ". She just rolled her eyes at him. He surely remembers that the name board told him that he was the chairman but, the way he was speaking to her and teasing her he didn't quite get it. " Hi. I am Janardhan, chairman of this fashion designing company. Please sit down. But what is the reason that you were so angry with the designs " . 

" Do you really expect me to call them designs ? I want to have a meeting with all those who did these ". She put the file in front of him. " Sure I will arrange it. Give me sometime ". With that he called his assistant and arranged for the meeting in one of their conference halls. Then the three of them walked out of the room to the hall.

                      -MG