CHAPTER 4 : THE UNEXPECTED ENCOUNTER- IS IT DESTINY ?

Chandu's point of view

The next day at college is as always. Students were buzzing around talking about different things. I entered into my classroom and when to my spot at the last. The bell rang signalling the start of the classes and students rush into their classes in a hurry. Our lecturer and class in-charge Kushal entered the room. He was not an old man with a bald head. He was in his late twenties. He never even was in the formal suits like the senior lecturers, he always wore jeans with casual shirts or t-shirts. All the girls liked him a lot and the guys also loved him as he was more like a friend than a lecturer. " Good morning class! " " Good morning sir !" " Wow you guys seem so energetic in the morning. So you enjoyed your weekend well ?" " Yes sir !" Every one replied with a lot of enthusiasm filled in their answer. I was opening my book as I expected him to start with his lesson, but he actually started speaking to us.

 " So I want to inform to you guys that we are going to have a new student in our class ". What ? Everyone started murmuring as they continued to listen to him. " Due to some unexpected reasons he had to transfer from the other branch we have ". It was a little awkward. Who would transfer from one branch to another which was far away ? And that too in the second year of college. " May I come in sir ?" That voice brought me out of my train of thoughts as I found it familiar. And not just familiar but breath taking. It was Karthik. My eyes widened when I saw him. I lowered my head a little hoping he would not notice me. " Oh. Yeah , please come in. So he was the one I was speaking about earlier ". No way. " Hi. I am Karthik. Hope we get along well ". As if. Then something that I never would have thought of in my wildest dreams happened. " Chandu! ". Sir called me and continued speaking. " If you don't mind will you help him with the notes and other stuff ? And also don't forget to show him around the campus ". He was watching me expectantly as I sat up straight so that my face will be visible. And Karthik noticed that it was me. Even though he was surprised at first, his smirk was back on his face in no time. I never knew my luck would jinx me. " Sure sir I will help him ". I felt bad that I couldn't even stay mad at Kushal sir, as he was more like a brother to me. And also it is not his mistake that this guy is here. So I decided to accept my fate. 

" You can sit anywhere you want ". I saw him walking towards my desk and he sat beside me. I would have stabbed him right there but the whole class was there. So I controlled myself and continued to listen to the class. He was occasionally stealing glances at me. I knew it even if I didn't turn towards him and he had that smirk on his face which really made me want to punch his face. Once the class was done and sir left the class. As soon as he left he spoke to me in a very teasing manner. " I have never expected you to be here. I feel we are destined to be together ". " Will you just go and sit with the guys, it is really awkward if you are sitting here ". " Sure I'll go, but when will you show me around ? " He wiggled his eyebrows. I couldn't help but sigh in defeat. " We have a free hour after lunch, we can go during that hour ". " But what if you run away after lunch ? " Was he being serious ? For God's sake, why would I do that ? " What do you want me to do ? So that you will believe me." He rubbed his chin as if he was thinking so much. Ughhhh!!!!! He is thinking as if I've asked him to solve an international problem. I could feel some of the girls shooting daggers at me, because Karthik is really handsome, even if I hate to admit it. It was always Aravind who was the most handsome one in our section. But once he entered all of the girls had that dreamy look on their faces. I turned towards him to notice that he was still thinking. So even I took my own time to study his facial features. His dark brown eyes, sharp nose, a squared jaw line, he was sure handsome. But I pushed the thoughts away and sighed heavily. Will this guy decide in this life ? " Give me your number so that I can call you ". 

I waited all the while for him to answer, but I was not totally happy with his answer. I just gave him a look and took out my phone from my pocket and dialled his number. I placed my phone in front of him on the desk. The id was ' Crazy brat / Don't pick up '. He quirked an eyebrow at me. But then when he realized it was his phone that was ringing, he gasped in disbelief. I stifled a giggle at his priceless expression. He cut the call and saved my number and got up from the seat. But he stopped midway and turned around. " Why did you save my number ? " He had a small smile hidden behind a smirk forming on his face. " If you act like a jerk or do something, I should have some evidence to sue you right ? So I saved it ". And I gave him a smile. " You always have a smart ass comment waiting for me, don't you ? " He didn't even wait for my answer and left the place towards the guys and they greeted him and I didn't care after that. But I found myself laughing a little at his remark. And the next class started. 

                                        -MG