CHAPTER 8 : KNOWING HER MORE

Third person point of view

It took them almost 40 minutes to reach the place she was going to. She went towards the parking lot which was a little behind the building and parked her bike there. When he removed his helmet his hair was as if he just survived a windstorm. He was shocked at his own reflection in the mirror. She couldn't help but smile at him. And then she got down from the bike and removed her helmet. She then removed her bandanna and her high ponytail was safe as ever without getting out of place. 

Then they started walking towards the front of the building as he was still trying to fix his hair and trying to make it look less like a piece of junk. He soon saw the name of the building and it was a martial arts academy. When they entered into the hall he saw many students training. He took a look around and then saw her face which had a genuine smile. He knew it was from her heart by the way her eyes were shining. A small smile crept up to his lips at the sight of her smile. She then walked over to the teacher who was shouting commands to his students. " Good morning sir ". She said it with the whole of her heart. He knew it by her tone. The person she greeted turned around and a smile formed on his face too. 

" Ah ! Chandu. It has been a long time. How are you ? " " I am fine sir. How are you ? " " Fine I guess. And who is this ? " He realized that they were speaking about him so he greeted the teacher with a hand shake " Hi sir. I am Karthik ". " He is my friend ". She finished his sentence with that. " Oh ! Nice. You might be a good friend then that she actually brought you here. Because she rarely brings anyone with her ". He was totally surprised by his words. Was he really the only person she ever brought along with her ? But by the look of it, it seems to be true. So he just smiled at him. 

" So have you been practicing lately ?" " Not really sir but there is no way I would forget them ". " Sure you would not ". " Is that so ? " All three of them turned towards that voice. That guy was one of those who had little skill but more pride for it. She didn't remember his name but for sure anyone could guess that he was being arrogant. And they understood that he was challenging her skill. " Would you like to test it then ?" He just smirked at her response. " You really think you can win against me ? " He could see the glare in her eyes. " You will see it ". She removed her shirt and bag and gave it to him. " Keep these with you ". He took them from her and she was now with a white t-shirt and dark blue jeans matched with black sports shoes. 

They both entered the ring as the students cleared way for them. Karthik went and stood beside the teacher. " Do you think she will win ? " The teacher just smiled at him and turned to look back at them. They were given the long sticks they were going to use to compete. With the blow of the whistle he was the one to attack first. She just dodged him and he fell down. There she goes with the first point. He was now in complete shock at her performance. She was very swift and professional in her movements. He really liked the way she tackled him down. He was standing like he was in a trance watching her fight against a guy. She was not even using here total skill on him. She was actually going easy on him. The match between them ended with 5-0. She won it with such ease. 

" So now do you doubt her ? " The teacher gave Karthik that knowing smile. " She is one of those rare students I've ever got to train. She has a black belt in Karate, Kung fu, Taekwondo and Kendo. There is no way one could question her skill. She is the best student a teacher could ever ask for ". He could see the pride the teacher's eyes held in them. He was astonished at the information. She actually did all those but no one ever knows about them. Maybe it was because she never wanted anyone to know about it. " You are really amazing. Wow. You are unbelievable ". " Thank you ". " Sure you have not forgotten what you have learnt ". She smiled at her teacher. " I would never ". He could see worry for a second in the teacher's eyes. He didn't know why though. She then took her bag and shirt from him. " We will take our leave then ". " Yeah, sure. But don't forget to come here once in a while ". " I will come once again sir ". He felt the sincerity she had when she said those words. From there they started to another destination. He was more than excited to see what surprises she had for him in the path ahead. 

                                                  -MG