CHAPTER 12 : KNOWING HER MORE (PART 5)

Third person point of view

Once they finished lunch they went towards the living room. There were two couches placed in an 'L' shape and two sofa chairs on the other side of one of the couches. So it was like 3 sides of a square and the fourth side had a coffee table. She slept on one of the couches while chatting with them. He sat on the other couch while the couple sat on the chairs. They were speaking about his life back then and he got to know about them as well. He actually didn't notice that Chandu dozed off on the couch beside his. " She must be so tired from the day ". They both had a worried look on their faces. " She should have never gone through it. Such a pure girl ". " True it should have never happened to her ". He was confused by their words. " What happened ? " Maybe they just forgot that he was here and said their inner thoughts out loud. They look at each other little bewildered. " No, nothing ". 

He felt that there was something suspicious and they were hesitating to tell that. He wanted to ask about it but it felt as if he was prying into someone else's matters, so he let it slide. It was evening when she got up from her sleep and walked up to one of the rooms nearby. " So how come you came along with her ? " " Actually I am her classmate and neighbor too. So when she was coming this morning, I suggested to tag along and she accepted it ". " Really ? That's nice though. She is finally starting to act more like a human ". Aunty slapped uncle's arm at his comment as Karthik chuckled at it. 

" But by the look of it, you seem to be someone different to her than others. Please take care of her ". " Sure I will ". He answered sincerely to aunt's request. She came out of the room once she washed her face to get rid of the sleep. All of them got up when she came. " Let's go ". She said looking towards Karthik. " Yeah sure ". Then they all went towards the front door to send them off. " Thank you so much for letting me in and the food was really tasty aunty ". He thanked them wholeheartedly. " It is really fine. You can also come here anytime you want like Chandu ". They smiled at him. " Bye aunty. Bye uncle. See you next time ". With that they left the house and she drove to a small cafe that was not much far away from the house. She parked the bike there and they entered the cafe.

He could smell all the coffee and baked items in the cafe. He liked it at an instant. It was not really big but still really well decorated and appealing. Then Chandu whistled and the guy near the counter turned towards the sound and he whistled back and did a salute towards her and she returned the salute. They sat at one of the corner tables which had 4 chairs. They sat in the chairs beside each other and soon the guy near the counter appeared at their side. " Hi Vamshi. How are you ? " " You finally had time to visit this poor guy. I am super fine. How are you my little sis ? " He ruffled her hair making her pout. " I am fine too. But you need not do this and also you are not poor ". She was setting her hair. 

" You know I love it. Oh! Hi. Who is this person ? Are you going to introduce me or should I do it myself ? " " Can anyone ever stop you ? Anyways he is Karthik. Karthik this is Vamshi ". They shook hands. " Hi. Nice to meet you ". " So who is he ? " " What do you mean ? A human being. Duh !" He rose an eyebrow at her and gave her an 'are you kidding ' look. " You know what I meant. What is he to you ? " She understood the meaning of his question but was playing along till then. " What is this obsession all of you guys have for my boyfriend ? Everyone asks me the same question ". " So you introduced him to sir, aunty and uncle too ? ". " Yeah I did ". " Hmmm. That's nice though. But no we are not obsessed with anyone, just too curious ". He grinned at her, making Karthik smile. 

Chandu had the expression like that of a little child. " Don't give me that look. I won't question you about it again okay ? ". She gave him a wide grin. " So you want your regular ? And what would you like to have ? " " Order anything you want and how much ever you want. Don't worry it is for free anyway ". Vamshi's eyes were of the size of saucers at her statement. She laughed at his expression. " I was just kidding. I got my salary. So I'll pay for sure ". He could see that Vamshi was visibly relieved when she said that. He ordered iced Americano and as Vamshi said he just bought her regular which was a Cappuccino and a chocolate lava cake. Then they ate chatting about regular stuff and them both making fun of each other. 

Karthik was surprised seeing her cheerful side. Once they were done they started back home. It was almost past 6 when they were back to home. She stopped her bike in front of her gate and he got down from it. He removed the helmet and handed it over to her. " Please don't tell anyone about this or anything about today. Please ". He never heard her request him like that. " Sure. I will not tell anyone. Thank you so much. I had a really nice time today. It was nice getting to know you more too ". He gave her a reassuring smile which she returned. Then he walked towards his house and she went inside to park her bike. 

                                                           -MG