Chapter 18

Y/N POV

We are going to visit Ariana's family today and she will not stop talking about it.

"Oh! And my Nonna I can't wait to see her! And my mama and-"

"Ariana, my sweet girl. Will you, in the kindest of ways shut the fuck up" I laughed.

"I'm sorry baby i'm just so excited" She said laughing.

She got a text and picked up her phone to read it.

She looked confused and nervous.

"Uh, baby. I gotta go somewhere really quick I'll be back soon" She kissed my cheek and walked out the door before I could say anything.

I shrugged my shoulders and went upstairs to get Mia ready for the day.

Ariana's POV

I walked into the cafe and he was already there.

I don't know why I'm here but suddenly I just want to be home with my girls.

I walked over to the secluded table he was sitting at and with each step the uneasy feeling in my stomach grew.

"Hey" I said quietly as I sat down.

"Hi my moonlight" He said as a smile flashed across his face.

"Since when did I say you could call me that again?" I asked.

"You didn't, but you're here so clearly there's something you still want from me" He said.

"I'm only here because your text had me worried and at the end of the day you're still my friend" I sat back in my seat a little bit.

I shouldn't be here

"Whatever you say. I'm perfectly fine by the way. I just wanted to see you" He said.

"You've seen me for the last how many months. This is supposed to be your time away from me" I gave him a sharp look.

"Okay fine, I want you back. Throughout the whole tour, watching you perform and being with you every day has made me miss us and I think we should give it another try" He was dead serious.

"I'm more than happy with Y/N. I thought we agreed we would put our relationship in the past and stay friends?"

"We did but I just can't help how I'm feeling and thought you deserved to know. I care about you a lot" He moves his hand to put over mine but I snatched it away.

"Like I said, I'm with Y/N and am happy. If you care about me like you say you would respect that and leave it be" I grabbed my bag to get up but he started talking again.

"Please just sit and talk to me. I could really use some company right now and I need someone to talk to, order what you want we can just talk" He said.

We talked for a little while. We both shared a few laughs and memories. Talked about tour and his new company and as much as I hate admitting it, it was nice to hang out with him for a bit.

"I should really get going, I have to go see my family later and Y/N is probably going wild talking care of Mia" I said and got up.

He left a few bills on the table and walked me out to my car.

"Thanks for this, it was nice seeing you Ricky"

"It was nice talking to you, Ari. I'll see you around"

He kissed my cheek and went off to his car.

I could help the uneasy feeling in my stomach again and I could've sworn I heard a camera click but that's probably just me overthinking.

I drove back home and couldn't be more happy to see my girls watching TV on the couch.

"Hi babies!" I gave both a kiss.

"Hey babe. Where were you?" Y/N asked.

"Just out with an old friend, she texted me and said she needed someone to talk to"

Look. I know I was lying to her and I shouldn't but I don't want her to take it the wrong way and I end up with us fighting.

"Ohh ok. We should get ready to go see your family" She places a sleeping Mia in her crib downstairs and turns to me.

"Race you to the shower" Was all she said before speeding up the stairs.

"Hey! Not fair you shit!" I laughed chasing after her.
———
Y/N POV

We had been at Joan's house for about an hour and Mia was being passed around like a bowl of chips.

She loves all the attention though.

Everyone was in the living room and I decided to take out my phone.

I regretted that so quick.

As soon as I logged on to twitter my feed was flooded with pictures of Ariana and Ricky from this morning. What got to me the most was a picture of them by her car and from what it looks like they're...kissing?

Oh fuck no.

My jaw clenched and anger rose inside of me.

I didn't want to ruin her time with her family but this needed to be talked about right now.

She was in the kitchen getting drinks so I rushed in there slamming the door open and she jumped.

"Oh baby you scared the shit outta me!" She laughed.

"Care to explain these Ariana?" I tossed my phone with the pictures open on to the island in front of her.

She looked up her eyes filled with horror.

"Baby it's not what it looks like"

"She looks like she reaaaally needed you Ariana. Ricky? Really. So when exactly were you planning on telling me you were going to see your ex boyfriend Ariana?"

She stayed silent.

I laughed. "Unbelievable. You were never going to tell me, were you?" My tone got sharp at the end.

"Clearly I now know how you feel since you felt the need to go out and kiss your ex boyfriend behind me back"

"Wait Y/N what? I never kissed him"

"Don't even try Ariana it's clear as fucking day in those pictures"

"Y/N that's not what happened at all please listen to me" She was starting to tear and and tried moving towards me and I took a step back.

"You can spend all the time you want with Ricky because right now I don't want to be anywhere near you. Until you figure out what the fuck you were thinking when you went behind my back and a have a perfect explanation for those pictures that's when, maybe, i'll even look at you. Until then don't bother trying to talk to me"

I grabbed my phone and walked back into the living room everyone's eyes were on me.

"Y/N get back here, it's not what it looks like at all!" Ariana came back into the living room.

Mia started crying so I took her from Courtney and got her bag.

"You're not leaving me Y/N I told you it never happened!" She started crying and tried to come near me again.

"We are not doing this in front of Mia" I swung the door open and left.
———
sowwy..

Next update will be soon:)