Chapter 31

Y/N'S POV

A few months later

Today is Mia's 1st birthday.

Ariana and I have planned a huge birthday party at the house. We turned our entire house into a kids dream.

The workers were setting everything up downstairs and outside and Ari and I were upstairs getting ready.

"I can't believe she's already 1" Ariana walks out of the bathroom drying her hair with a towel.

"I know. It seems like just yesterday she was born" I smiled.

I finished doing the rest of my hair and got up to go get Mia ready.

Walking into her nursery she was already standing up and grabbing onto the bars of her crib.

"Hi mama, it's your birthday" I said picking her up and kissing her head.

I dressed her up in a cute pink dress with a white tutu and a little crown in her hair, which I know is not staying on long.

I took her downstairs to see everything that was going on.

"Nana" Mia pointed to the bananas and I sat her down in her chair while I cut up some pieces and laid them on her tray.

I sat next to her while she ate and checked my phone.

Everyone is texting about how excited they are for tonight and asking questions like what toys she can play with or what size shoe she is for gifts.

I lock my phone and place it on the counter as Ariana walks downstairs. She's wearing her usual, oversized sweater and thigh highs. Her hair up and makeup on point.

She walks over with something behind her back and kisses me quickly before hopping over to Mia and kissing her on the head.

"Happy birthday baby" Ariana says pulling out her gift.

"You got her something?" I asked.

"Of course I did! I had to" She puts it on the table where the other's gifts will be put later on.

—————
The party started about a half hour ago and there are already so many people everywhere.

Ariana had invited basically her entire contact list and mine.

"Y/N" I hear from behind me.

I turn and see someone I haven't seen in way too long.

I sprint over and jump on her as she catches me and squeezes me back just as much.

"I'm sorry I haven't been stopping by as much, I have so much going on with work, and Kyle and everything" She starts to ramble.

"It's all good Aria, I promise" I smile and wrap my arm around her shoulder as we walk into the kitchen.

"Oh, Aria! I'm so glad you could make it, it's been forever" Ariana walks over and gives Aria a hug.

I walk outside so they can catch up and find Joan holding Mia while she pops the bubbles from the machine.

"She having fun?" I ask and Joan turns towards me.

"Oh Y/N you should've seen the look on her face in the bouncy house it was priceless" She laughs.

"Stormi was jumping all over and Mia looked terrified" We both laughed.

"Do you want to take her?" Joan asks.

"No! Please it's all good. I'm sure someone will steal her from you soon" I laugh.

We end our conversation a few minutes later and I walk around to talk to the guests.
————
We just finished singing happy birthday and everyone went back to drinking and talking.