Chapter 7

After graduation, it's finally summer break!

Since I ranked first in my grade, father told me to choose any country that I want to go and visit. I didn't know what to choose, so brother decided to just throw a dart on the world map and somehow we ended up in Hawaii.

Hawaii was really good! Their culture is very interesting and I even got to join some of their activities! We experienced their luau and danced in the shore with our straw skirts for the opening dance of the Drums of the Pacific Luau at the Hyatt Regency Maui, we also visited Haleakalā National Park!m, after those me and mother went to a near souvenir store since I want to buy some for myself.

"Honey, didn't the Keillenghan's boy invited you to his birthday party?" Ah! That's right, Eunwoo did invite us to his birthday party! I don't have a gift yet for him and his birthday is in two days.

I scanned the place for a suitable gift and saw a Kamaka Ukulele! I jumped when I saw it hanging from the shelf.

"Mother! That one!" I excitedly point to the lone ukulele. Mother saw it and got the store assistant to get it.

"Is this all Sweety?" She asked. I nodded with full of confidence and seeing that I was sure she went to the cashier to pay for the ukulele.

Eunwoo in the novel really loved Ukulele's. There was a chapter about him and his obsession of ukulele, apparently his uncle was a music enthusiast more specifically with classic hawaiian. Him and Eunwoo were really close, but he died because of a terminal illness and ever since then he wanted to finish what his uncle started.

Judging from the time, his uncle died when he was seven years old. He was really upset and never showed up to class for two weeks, he just went to school again when Sehun went to his house. So I wanted to give him this ukulele because of the sentiment and not because I just randomly saw it hangin on the shelf!

I started to roam around the shop for my souvenirs and came across a whole section of hawaiian accessories.

I took out those that I liked and gave it to the counter so mother can pay for it.

After the purchase was done and the product packed well mother and I went back to the hotel.

After reaching our room we heard Father talking to someone. We then found out that Father was contacted by his friend to invite him to their anniversary and father couldn't refuse, so we went back earlier than expected.

"I'm really sorry Sweety." Father apologized with his head down. He was really disappointed since coming here together as a family was a rare opportunity.

I shook my head and gave him my prettiest smile.

"Ung, It's no problem! We can come here anytime we want!" I cheered him up. I was glad when I saw his frowning face turned lighter and ended up agreeing with me.

Father needs to attend this party, because if not maybe he will be cast off by his friends, they will scheme against him making him the man he was in the novel. I must prevent that from ever happening!

"I'm so happy that I have a sensible daughter." Mother joined in too and she even talked about how I managed to buy Eunwoo his gift. When they were busy talking, my brother took my hand and dragged me to our room. He let go of my hand and I went to the corner of the large bed to sit.

What's brothers problem now?

"So...who is this Keillenghan's boy that invited you?" After he closed the door he leaned on it.

Eh Eunwoo?

"It's my friend from primary school." I just stated plainly. I mean we are friends right? We talk sometimes when Sehun is there and he even invited me to his birthday.