Chapter 45

"I'm sorry!" I quickly put a step behind me to widen our distance, the cold wind passed through where his hand was placed earlier.

"You really went crazy and almost kissed that beam." He tilt his head to the concrete which I almost hit, the corner of his lip rose. I look down at our hands, he's still holding me, he seem to notice my gaze when he let go of my hand like it burned him, hiding it in his pocket after.

"Sorry and thanks. I was just out of my head." I placed my hands in front, fondling my fingers.

"We all go crazy sometimes. Even the ones who were made perfect." He shrugged his shoulder. I nodded and gave him a smile, he bent down and picked up something, I followed his movement.

"You must've dropped that because of me." I looked at the fallen juice-box with pity and guilt. He stood up and searched around, he stopped in one direction and raised the juice box and pulled it back behind his head, I jumped when he suddenly threw it to that direction. I followed the juicebox and saw that it perfectly went in on the carbag bin.

Wow.

"It was almost empty anyways." He then got his bag and pulled out a lollipop and in a rush got it out of the wrapper.

"Oh." I forgot he has this portable vending machine you call a bag, unknown to me a smile naturally rose.

"Why are you laughing?" He took out the blue lollipop out of his mouth creating a popping sound.

"Ah?"

"Forget it, I'm tired of talking." He took it inside his mouth again and started sucking it, the handle sticking out to the side of his lip. He muttered 'see you' while sucking the candy, and waved his hand. I nodded and waved back at him.

Nothing eventful happened after that, as soon as I went home it was the time that it pondered to me what the girls talked about that day. My heart sank again that night playing his song to me over and over until my eyes were forced to shut down of exhaustion but before my mind shut down I suddenly wished I'll wake up with amnesia so I could forget about all of it or that all of what happened was just a dream.

When when my eyes opened, reality dawned again but I needed to continue.

The next morning I passed by a vending machine on the way to our class, it made me remember of yesterday's event.

I scanned the content of the machine and saw the familiar light green box. It's my first time to operate this machine, I haven't seen anything like this in my past life. It's really weird and more complicated to use than just pushing buttons, they don't have a code but a pattern on every item and after tapping your student ID you have to follow the pattern and put it in like a passcode for the phone.

Was it always a hassle to get a snack?

A small smile became visible on my face, realizing that I was never the one who got my snacks in the past years. He would always come here early before class and lunch to get me some snacks since he knew I love sweet treats. My mouth tasted bitter all of a sudden knowing that he's not here for me anymore.

I lived without him for...no I lived with him on my side for years since we were kids.

I shook my head when I heard something fell from inside. I bent down to get it and walked to class, when I entered the room he's the first person my eyes automatically passed through. He was silently sitting while reading that book again, but now he's almost finished.

Just a few more pages.

My eyes faltered and I took a deep breath as I walked pass him.