Chapter 20

"Thanks." I smiled as he pull down the cover of the bed. Feeling like my bodies going to give out I almost ran to the bed and sat down. He then let go of the cover, pulled the curtains side ways to cover us and made his way to sit at the other side of the bed.

The nurse is just on her desk a couple of meters away from us, since I'm just gonna rest up she doesn't need to monitor me.

"You can sleep now."

"Hm." The corner of my lips fidget, my hands pulling the blanket closer to me as I decided to lie down. After taking off my shoes I lift my legs making sure to insert it quickly to the blankets and made myself comfortable lying down while he's staring at me intently.

How could I sleep after what I heard?

I forced my eyes shut trying to put myself to sleep. It went silent for minutes, the only thing that's audible are the sound of the AC, the small ruckus that the nurse is making, my heart beating and my irregular and rather inconsistent breaths.

Who am I kidding? I can't sleep!

I decided to slowly open my eyes and looked down. He is staring at me, with confusion written all over his face. I heaved a deep breath and finally got the courage to speak.

"I heard you earlier." I confessed. He looked down and nodded, his thick brows moved up.

"I thought so."

"Is it true?" I gulped.  I don't know where I'm getting this much courage when my stomach is starting to feel all weird again.

"Sejeong-ah." He paused and his eyes meeting mine. "I like you." He continued.  I broke off our gaze and turned to the side.

What am I supposed to say? This is the first time I'm getting confessed to! But he's still 13 years old! He's still too young... No... I'm not meant to be the one he likes.

"Is this what they call puppy love?" I muttered to myself. My eyelash fluttered,  pulling my blanket closer to me.

"We're still young but I have a feeling... I know that you'll be the only girl that I'll cherish." No, I'm not the heroine.

"S-Sehunie.."

"Even if you don't feel the same for me, I'll still continue to like you. You don't need to do anything." He paused.

"Just let me like you." I brought my hands to my face, covering the red patches all over my cheeks. What is this? I should stop myself from feeling giddy like the heroine of this novel but I couldn't help it. How could a 13 year old boy say such a romantic phrase?!

Stop this Sejeong! Ugh!

"But you shouldn't like me." I calmed my heart, getting back my rationality. I am not the heroine, stop feeling like it. I felt a small squeeze in my chest, the more I think about how I'm not supposed to be here made it worse. I'm just someone that travelled here by mistake.

"I don't think you can tell me what to do Sejeong-ah." Just hearing his voice from behind I can already picture his eyebrows meeting.

"Let me just like you, that's enough for me." His normal soft voice started to crack as he finished speaking, the pain in my chest awakened again. He's just a 13 year old boy, how can he like someone...me this much?

How can I tell him that I'm not supposed to be the one he likes? That I'm the one he should hate?

"No matter what you say, I'll never change my mind."

"I have to sleep now." Finally covering my head with the blanket, my grip never letting go of the blanket. Avoiding any possibility of facing him.

"Okay. I'll go to the cafeteria to get you something to eat after." I nodded and stayed still. I waited 'til he has gone out and was finally able to drop and relax my entire body.

In this fully air conditioned room I am sweating. My forehead and nose is producing small sweats, I puffed my cheeks and blew air, calming my body. After a few minutes of calming myself, feeling my eyes became heavy I decided to close my eyes and let myself drift away.

"DEAR. Wake up." A woman's voice awakened me from my deep sleep. My eyes squinted then slowly opened my eyes, my hand making its way to the corner of my eyes rubbing it.

"It's already 3 in the afternoon." I nodded and slowly sat up, still hangover from my little nap.

I want to sleep again.

"Thanks miss."

"Oh here." She showed me small white plastic box, a delicious aroma encapsulating the box.

"Your friend asked me to give you this. He said he has a class so he asked me to give it to you." My hand reached out to the box and held it with both hands. It's still warm, it hasn't been that long since he left. She also motioned the water at my side.

"You should eat now, I heard you haven't had lunch." She smiled, pat me in the head and went out of my cubicle.

I ran my fingers to the corners of the box, opened it and the aroma was even stronger. My tummy started to growl seeing the pure delicacies in front.

My mouth started to salivate. Inside the box is a cup of white rice, honey crisp chicken breast and wings at the side is a sweet sauce for dessert there's chocolate mousse.

After a few minutes of filling myself up with the delicious set of food, I drank some water and set aside the box. My tummy is now full and a bit bulging, I regretted eating the food so fast, my skirt is barely holding on. I adjusted my skirt, pulling it up to lessen the pressure on the clasp.

After eating and cleaning up I left the clinic and went back to our room. It's almost 4, class is gonna end soon. As expected as soon as I arrived in front of our room the students started to flock the corridor. I waited outside by the door, waiting for everyone to leave. A few seconds, fewer students were leaving so I decided to enter.

I turned around and walked through the door but was welcomed by bumping myself in front of someone. I retreated immediately and touched my head getting ready to apologize, what I didn't expect was a hand to reach out to my forehead. The familiar warmth that I may never forget.

"I was just about to get you."