Chapter 46

When I went back to my seat, I got my mirror and checked my eyes. I tried my best to avoid looking in his direction, it's better this way.

Ah, good thing I went to the washroom first to fix myself before going back inside, it wouldn't be good that I'll look like a mess from the first class.

"You cried again." I stopped changing the angle of my mirror and shot him a glare.

"Shut up and make your mouth busy with your snacks." He chuckled and stuck his tongue out, showing a new candy.

Of course

I cringed my face and took out my tablet, re-reading our lesson for today.

To halt the exodus to the West, Soviet leader Nikita Khruschev recommended to East Germany that it close off access between East and West Berlin- uh, I can't finish this.

"Why do you like sweets so much?" I asked out of curiosity, closing my history book which I can't seem to read past page 3.

I waited for his answer. He's holding a packed candy but he's still chewing some in his mouth, his eyes met mine.

"I just do."

"Yeah but don't you think it's too much sweets?" I followed up. He looked at the candy in his hand and smirked, I leaned back when he slid the candy to my side of the desk.

"Just ask if you want one." He looked at me. My eyes widened and slid back the candy to his desk.

"Excuse me, I never asked for it." He gave me a sarcastic face and placed his finger on the candy, just brushing his finger on mine in the process.

"Just take it." He then took the candy from my fingers and snuck it inside my palm and closed them.

"Wake me up later." He shamelessly ordered me and went back to his infamous activity, sleeping.

I look at the snack on my palm, wild berry flavored fluffy candy. Is it just like a gummy?

I took the candy and opened the wrapper, a sudden loud thud caused me to pause and lift my head to search for the source, which I regretted instantly.

My heart started to ache again, Irene's near Sehun's seat she looked down to the books she was carrying which fell to the ground, which caused the loud thud earlier. She was just looking down and I already knew why. Of course her male lead would help her, that is a given.

I breathed in and shift my eyes to the windows, choosing to not witness the scene.

I can't.

"Pick it up."

My eyebrows furrowed and secretly shift it back to them. Sehun's sitting still while Irene's by his side looking a bit taken back.

"Ah yes." She bent down and started collecting the massive collection of books she brought with her. I noticed how everyone was just looking at them, whispers started to became audible.

She looked around the room and bit her lips when she stood up hugging the books and went to her seat, her eyes stopped at me. Her eyes fluttered and turned her face away, heading back to her seat.

"Was she expecting Sehun to pick it up for her?" A girl behind me whispered and chuckled. She was then shushed by her seatmate. My eyes looked at Sehun who's reading a book, the pages are neat and clean it seems like a new book.