Chapter 24

"Stop that!"

"C'mon Selen!" Selen turned to Luna, Eunwoo is helplessly dodging getting splashed at by Luna. She cheekily smirked and swam to them and helped Luna to drench Eunwoo. He then turned around and covered his face.

"How can you guys treat a Vionale this way?!" Laughter by the two echoed as they cupped more water in their palm and showered Eunwoo with sea water.

"We're not at school!" Selen replied as Eunwoo suffered getting sea water in his eyes.

I slowly dipped my feet on the water touching the fine white sand beneath my feet. I crinkled my toes and felt the rough sand pass through the leak on my feet, moving my toes to feel the thick salt water engulfed them.

"You want to go deeper?" He went beside me and held my elbow. Good thing the heat was already making my cheeks flushed with blood or I could be in big trouble. Without turning to him I nodded slowly.

He made me cling on his arm as he started to walk beside me, going deeper to the ocean floor. My body is so close to him, it feels comfortable now that I don't have to hide my face from blushing, a small smile crept on my lips.

"I want to go there." I pointed at the part where a floating bamboo raft is just sitting in the middle of the sea. He followed my finger and saw the raft, he slowly made us turn as the water gets deeper, until it has reached my chest. The raft was closer now, but we still need a couple of steps, by then I think it would reach my full height.

I clinged closer  to him, my grip tightened as I felt the lack of air in my lungs. Noticing my discomfort he turned to me.

"Here." Still holding me, his hand transferred from my hands to my waist while his body is turned away from me. He lift me up, which was easy considering my weight under the water.

I gulped as my hands on instinct wrapped itself around his shoulders, my hands forcing itself not to touch his chest, loosened. 

His hands slid down from my waist to my thighs, pulling me up. My heart is going crazy thumping inside it's cage, my toes crinkled until his hands released my thighs.

"Hold on tight." Totally oblivious of what I'm feeling he started to swim towards the raft. I held my breath, relying on his back for support I closed my eyes.

My lips are pressing on his back, it's okay right? He probably can't tell since he's swimming.

For someone this young, his back is lean and hard. What more if he's fully matured?

"Sejeong-ah, you can grab the raft now." I opened my eyes.

"Oh. Okay." I wanted to stay a bit longer but that's asking for too much.  My hands reached out to the edge of the raft, paddling my way to it. After seeing that I'm secured at the edge, he pushed himself from the raft until he's now sitting at the raft, his hands reached out to me.

I accepted it and he pulled me towards him, making use of my body strength I heaved myself up, unexpectedly I used too much strength and we stumbled down on the raft. My face landed on his wet left chest as my hands are planted on his sided.

In my shock, I couldn't identify if it's my chest pounding so hard or his, it's as if someone is playing drums on the sea shore.

I lift myself up immediately and rolled to the other side, cupping my face in the process.

What the heck just happened?!

Sehun is silent as he fixed himself, he's now beside me facing the horizon. His wet dripping hair covered his eyes, he tilted his head to the side and using his hand to comb his hair back.

His ears are all red, is he feeling hot?

My eyes focused on his side profile, the outline of his face is outstanding. From his eyelashes to his lower lip and chin, this is what you could call the image of perfection.

Reading the book, I never pictured Sehun to be this perfect. Actually, everything that's happening were all unexpected.

"Thanks." He smiled and nodded.

"I knew it would be amazing here." I sighed as my eyes wanders to the freely painted sky. I took a deep breath of fresh air and leaned back.

"Sehunie, we're gonna be in highschool soon." I opened up. His hands went to the his side placing has palms down supporting his body as he slightly leaned back.

"Hmm." I cleared my throat.

"Do you think we'll be in the same class?" The corner of his lips rose, turning his face to me. Shying away from his gaze, my eyes went down with my eyelids blinking irregularly.

"Don't worry about that. I think we'll be in the same class."

Of course we will, in the novel we were in the same class and the heroine too. Since then the bullying started and he started to despise Sejeong. His hatred grew day after day for her.

Will he feel the same way as in the novel? I won't do anything to the heroine but I'm still scared.

I can't explain the fear enveloping my chest.

"Hey..."

"Do you think you'll hate me in the future?" I continued.

"What are you talking about Sejeong-ah? Why would that even cross your mind?" He straightened himself and started to lean closer to me. I retreated and a bitter smile left my lips.

"I don't know. Just, if that time comes please don't tell me." I watched my hands fondled with the bamboo raft. The sharp pain inside my chest rose, smirking to myself I realized just how much I don't want him to hate me one day. I was focusing on the bamboo too much that I wasn't aware that his hands were already cupping my cheeks.

"Stop." He said with his eyes glaring at me. I saw his irritation from the way he looked at me.

" I don't want to hear you say that again." My breathing got deeper when his eyes never left mine even for a second. I can feel his breath on my face.

"Me hating you will be the last thing on my mind, damn it won't even be an option." His voice shaking of desperation, his hand started to caress my cheeks. 

"Even when I do something despicable?" He shook his head.

"Even if I hurt someone that you love?" He squinted his eyes.

"Do you think I can fall for someone else ever again?" My mouth parted. I was gonna nod my head but he beat me to it.

"Never." He paused as he looked straight in my eyes. "Each day my love for you grows deeper, deeper than I never thought before. You're...like an ocean that I fell in, you make me drown. I think after this, I won't dare fall for anyone else. "

It's like my throat closed up. The sound of the waves slamming on our raft was I could hear, the cold breeze of air wasn't able to cool down my flushed face, the tips of my fingers flinching as a current from my chest extended to my extremities.

"Even if you don't feel the same, don't worry. I'll never leave you."

A small hopeful smile is plastered on my lips. My eyes turning into crescents as I smiled.

Somehow, my heart felt light as his words made every doubt and fear in my chest drift away.

"I trust you."