Chapter 15

It's the scene at the prince's ball now. After Cinderella was punished by her step family by not attending the ball, her God Father appeared and gave her a few hours to fulfill her dreams.

Just a few more scenes and we're gonna be done

I was in character as I kept my fan close to my face covering the lower half of it, this fan doesn't even blow that much air because it's designed just to look good.

"Ladies the prince will now choose among you to offer his first dance." Sam announced.

As scripted I laughed with a cackle as I held my head up and turned to Luna and Kiley, my daughters. They both had weird looking, overly designed ball gowns Kiley's wearing a hot pink one and Luna is wearing a bright green gown. God knows how much I want to roll my eyes right now.

"Mother! The prince will be here now! How do I look?" Kiley exclaimed as she turned around revealing a big purple bow at the back. Luna also turned halfway and asked how she looked after looking at Kiley.

"My dear daughters, you two.." are the worst dressed in the ball "look so beautiful ! My eyes can't possibly imagine you two are my daughter!" I cackled again, Kiley and Luna looked at each other and also forced out one shrieking laugh as they clapped.

"Behold, the Prince!" Sam announced with such a cute pre-puberty voice.

Our attention was fixed on the corner of the stage, on cue Sehun walked out. He was escorted by two boys both dressed in a knight suit with wooden swords by their side.

Sehun walked smoothly to the center with the spotlight fixed on him.

"It's the prince! Quick! Is my dress okay?!" The girls started to become chaotic as the prince turned around surveying the scene. His small almond shaped eyes started to wander the stage, until it stopped at the left corner.

Minnie just entered, with her almost identical ballgown to the fictional description of the dress, she marched to the center as their eyes locked in place.

A slow majestic music started to play but in my ears all I heard was an annoying arrangement of instruments, then two spotlights from both main roles merged into one eye blinding sight, with both slowly smiled.

"Mother! Who is she?!" Kiley shouted. Luna went nearer with her long ballgown ends lying flat on the floor  as I just continued to look at the scene before me.

"She looks familiar." On cue I squinted my eyes as my head moved forward which then was followed by my body as I took two steps forward until I felt a weird sensation on my feet.

"I-I can't accept this!" Luna marched forward with so much force and all of a sudden, I felt my left feet rose to the ground, on reflex I shut my eyes as my right leg bent and a loud thud echoed the entire room.

Ouch my butt!

Everyone gasp, I could hear some even shouted. With the slight pain I felt, I was more pained because of this humiliation, my eyes were still shut tightly, afraid to meet anyone's eyes.

"Se-" Luna was cut off when a soft voice spoke on my left ear.

"Sejeongah." His hands immediately went to my elbow, his hands felt colder than usual so my elbow immediately flinched by his touch.

"Are you feeling any pain?" His worried voice made my eyes opened slowly as the lights were covered by a small figure in front of me. His face was so close, a small sweat started to form on his forehead.

I shook my head

"I'm fine. Sorry." I whispered. He helped me stand up as I had a difficulty to because of my heavy dress. Swallowing my humiliation I took my fan and spread it out as my eyes grew big.

"I'm deeply sorry prince! It was this humble woman's fault as I didn't noticed how slippery the floors can get." I chuckled behind the fan and gave him a small bow.

I will not ruin this play!

Sehun seems to have the gist of what I'm doing so he fixed his posture and gave me a quick smile.

"I'm glad you're okay." I nodded shyly. I thought he will return to Minnie but what happened next shocked me to my bones.

He held his hand in front of me. My lips twitched as I stared at his soft little hands.

"As an apology, do you mind if I will have my first dance with you?"

Once again the audience displayed their confusion. What happened to this play that the Prince offered to have a dance with the wicked step mother?!

Sehun, what are you doing?

I regained my composure as I laughed at his offer.

"This prince wants to dance with me? No, if you want to then you can dance with my dau-" I wasn't able to finish speaking when he took my hand and escorted me to the center.

My eyes immediately scanned the surrounding, Minnie was shocked yet she smiled sheepishly at me and crinkled her eyes, the rest were just plain shocked, Timorthy's head popped out in the corner of the stage as he flipped the script.

We stopped at the center, as the lights were focused on us. He took my hands and placed them casually around his neck, guiding me to step forward to link my hands as his hands slipped at the side of my waist, fixing his now warmer hands there.

The same majestic  music played, but it's now more pleasant to the ears.

What are you doing?

I wanted to ask him, but his lips curved upward as his eyes crinkled.

He's cute.

I started to be swayed by the music as his hands guided me. I gave him the control to my body as we slowly danced at the center, suddenly I didn't felt nervous or humiliated anymore as I heard the people awe by our little dance.

Unknowingly a small smile started to form on my lips as I tightened the grip of my hands. I suddenly looked up to him when I felt his hand held me even firmer.

My tummy is feeling really weird right now.

"Please, don't smile like that to just anyone." He whispered enough for only me to hear, his eyes brimming of anticipation and happiness?

"Your smile..." he paused as he pulled me even closer, my cheeks flushed as our bodies touched, he didn't even leave an inch of our distance and closed it! His eyes wandered to my face and fixed his gaze on my eyes.

"Your eyes." He smiled as he caressed my waist leaving tiny traces of warmth behind.

I'm getting the weird feeling again.

"It's cute."