Chapter 44

"Hey, when are we gonna start?" He stopped sipping on the plastic straw, his eyes dart to me. His lips letting go of the tortured straw, you can't even sip anything out by the looks of it.

What did he do to it did he chew it to its death?

"Start what?" He asked. My eyes went back at him and rolled my eyes. I showed him my tablet, zooming in on our assignment. He raised his eyebrows and nodded.

"You tell me."

"How 'bout now? We're done with classes already if you're not aware of it already." His lazy eyes closed as he nodded. I stood up, bringing my tablet to my chest.

"Wait, where are you going?" I point my thumb to the door.

"We're going to the library." He sat up straight.

"Why don't we just stay here?" My eyebrows furrowed but then looking at his lazy state I think finishing our work here would be equivalent to the time we'll use to walk to the library.

I sighed.

"Fine." I sat back to my chair. My eyes scanned his seat, it's vacant now. He must've left already, not like it's my business anymore.

Come to think of it only a few of us are still inside the room, just some girls who I've heard are waiting for their friends.

Minnie left already since she was already so sleepy so she and Selen went home early. I don't know about the others even Sehun. I've ignored him all day and I'm somehow proud that I didn't gave in, when he kept stealing glances and calls my name on every chance he gets I didn't budge.

"So, let's start?" I nearly jumped from my seat when Sungjae talked as he tapped his fingers on the table. I gave him my tablet and told him what we should be doing.

"That's why I told you we needed to go to the library but I guess we can use our phones." Pointing the part where we need to find the references of where the poem was inspired from.

"Let me read it." He got his pencil from behind his ear and wrote on a crumpled paper underneath his desk.

Ew

He tapped his pencil on top of the paper, his lips moving as he silently read the poem. This is a side I never knew he had in him, he actually looks like he's working.

He started to write on the paper, his penmanship is messy but surprisingly I can understand it until he started writing some gibberish, is he joking? My head tilt to properly read some of the words.

"You can search in your phone just to be sure, but this is my answer." He then handed me the crumpled paper, I looked at him and back to the paper. Taking it out from his hand, I got my phone and started typing in the words.

I kept asking him how to spell some of the words and instead of speaking he would point the letter on my screen, which I would drive his hand away. He chuckled and continued to annoy me, I hissed and pressed search.

I'm going to punch him if he's messing with me.

My eyes almost popped out when I read the result, looking down at the paper and my screen. It's exactly how it's spelled, it's a German reference. I read more on it and saw how the poem was derived from the reference.

Der du von dem Himmel bist, Wanderer's Nightsong I

I put my phone down after confirming everything. I opened my mouth but I couldn't find the words so I shut it tight.

"Was it correct?" He rested his head on the desk again. I look down to meet his eyes, he was not boasting, he's not giving off an arrogant stance but he was just asking me if he was correct.

"How did you know?" He didn't even take out his phone, just that paper and a pencil! He shrugged his shoulders and closed his eyes.

"I just guessed."

What in the name of Gods luscious green flat earth did he say?

"You can't be serious." Disbelief is a given by the way I talked. He chuckled and opened his eyes halfway.

"Then would you believe me if I'll tell you I have a photographic memory wether it's something you said once, what I read once I can remember it and that my uncle let me read every book in his museum that until today I'm yet to finish everything?"

"What?" He smiled and sat up straight again, his messy hair covered his right eye.

"I'm joking. So we're done now, you can just type what I wrote in that paper." He stood up and brought his bag along with him, the bag that's just full of his snacks. He then picked up his juicebox and sipped on it.

"You should head home too." He then bid me goodbye, leaving me weirded out by what he said earlier. He then left the room. I shook my head and just disregarded his words, he's probably just messing with me again.

Photographic memory. Yeah right and I can read peoples mind ooh.

I smirked and just laughed, how did he even think of that? Maybe he's just the guy in the novel that's just intelligent for his own good.

I stood up and collected my things, placing the paper he gave me inside my bag securing everything inside. While I was busy collecting and arranging the insides of my bag, two of my classmates went it.

"Finally you're here. We're almost late for the movie!" The girls stood up ready to leave.

"Sorry it's just that we've been distracted in the library."

"What?" They stopped and decided to gossip. I shook my head and decided not to listen to their talks and turned around to leave the room.

"Did you know that Sehun and Irene are paired together for the task?"

On a second thought..

"But Joy is his seatmate though." She asked.

"I know! But apparently they switched since Joy is friends with Irene's seatmate! I'm not gonna lie when I tell you that they look so good together, it was like we were watching some romantic drama!"

"Sehun even carried all the books for her." The other one swayed. I almost dropped my bag when my hands went numb.

"Kass Sejeong is-."

I breathed in, another wave of pain passed through my chest. I bit my lips and walked faster. My feet started to take me out of the room, I couldn't stop my body.

I just want to leave, I don't want to hear them anymore but somehow I can hear their voices echo through the hallway. I want the voices to end.

Sehun and Irene? They are together now? He didn't even refused and just went with her...

"Watch out!" Someone yelled. I looked up and saw a white beam coming closer to me, I closed my eyes and prayed that my feet stop moving.

I then felt someone pulling me to the side, instead of a cold hard concrete I hit my head in something warm. I felt a hand on the back of my head, as if protecting it and another hand grasping my hand so tight. A heart is beating like crazy against the chest, I'm not sure if it's mine or from the person who just saved me.

I slowly opened my eyes and looked up. My eyes widened when I met his sleepy eyes, his messy hair all pushed to the back.

"I told you to go home not to heaven." He sighed.