Chapter 12

"That's it for today class." miss Lyka wrapped up her lesson for the day. I looked at my wrist watch, it's still 4 in the afternoon we still have things to settle about the festival. The class started to buzz with excitement talking about their favorite show and what they want for dinner. Ooh dinner, I want to go home too but...

"Before you go, Sehun will be sharing about the preparation for our class activity. Take the stage Sehun." She motioned Sehun to the podium.

He went up to the podium and faced everyone in class. Suddenly, the class that was once filled with excitement was now dead silent, if I were to drop a pencil or even flip a page it would be heard easily.

"The Vionale decided to do a theater play for the festival. Last night through the poll you voted, the pay that win was 'Cinderella'. " He opened his laptop thereafter, murmurs began as the kids were suddenly excited of the class activity, wondering what will they be, who they will be teamed with.

"Now we need to decide who will be playing the roles, the props team, costume and stage design team-"

"I'll be prince charming!" Eunwoo suddenly cut off Sehun and suggested that he'll play the major role of the drama. Everyone looked at him, the girls threw him a starstruck look and nodded in agreement, some of the boys were not that pleased with his decree.

"Let's hear some suggestion for the main cast first. Cinderella, the prince, the step family, God Mother..." He continued to recite the roles we need to fill in.

It's so cute to watch him memorize all the name of the characters of Cinderella, Sehun in the novel was rather stoic and emotionless...well of course he then softened up to the heroine in the end and fell for her but it's just so different to see him everyday being this soft, cute little boy.

How many more years do I have? We just need to finish middle school and the novel will start...

Honestly, I am scared to start the novel. I don't know if things will continue being the way it is, if it will change the plot of the novel, if there's a sudden change and everything I've been living and enjoying now will soon fade, I'm afraid that without even knowing... my years of staying here will be as easy to tear off like a page in a book.

I'm just scared to lose them.

"Sejeong~!" I flinched when I felt someone poking my back, in reflex I turned around and Kiley's worried face confronted me.

"You've been spacing out Sej." Kiley said as she pointed her lips to the front.

"Ah, sorry." I faced the front and I haven't even noticed that they had already filled up the roles for the play.

I scanned the board and saw that most of the main roles were filled up but the one who will be playing the step mother is blank.

"Sej, you can play the step mother of Cinderella!" Minnie said as if it was the nicest compliment she ever gave me.

"Uh." I stiffened. I was actually planning to just join the planning team and make the scripts! I have no plans in being an actress, more so a major role in the play.

"Sejeong is too nice to be the step-mom though." A classmate debated.

"Yes she is but she's talented, of course she can pull off this role!" One of Minnie's minion raised. The class began to be filled with debates whether I should play the part. They said my facial features can match an arrogant villain...well this character was designed to be one.

"So Sej?" Minnie looked at me with hopeful eyes. Her seat was now turned to face me just like the reat of the class, I don't know what happened with the voting for the role of Cinderella but I think it went peacefully than mine.

My throat began to close up as I tried to speak so I gulped down my remaining pride and...

"It's okay with me." Accepted the role.

STUPID! Sejeong, when have you ever acted?

I was just trying to end the chaos immediately that I couldn't process everything correctly! For goodness sake, I was just facing children yet I gave in almost instantaneously!

"What? My sweety is going to be part of a play? A main character even?!" Father exclaimed in our dinner table. His usual stone face during work was now replaced with a beaming sunflower, he dropped his cutlery and nodded.

Wait, why is he nodding? What is this old man thinking?

"We're so proud of you dear!" Mother seconded as she finished her white wine in one gulp and with flushed cheeks she suddenly stood up and hugged me.

"Ack." I was squished in her hug as she swayed her body. I pulled away softly and finally she let me go with the corner of her lips still not going down.

Brother was just shaking his head softly as he looked at the chaos he caused and continued to cut his steak.

I shouldn't have told him!

"You'll be playing the step mother. Oh dear do you know how to act like the evil step mother?" I was silent. I don't know how to act, that's basically sums up everything.

"Don't worry sweety. We will help you." Father asked one of the maid to hand him his phone, he started to press on the screen and after a few seconds he placed his phone next to his ears.

My grip tightened on my seat, suddenly I am feeling that no good will come out of this.

Mother went back to her seat and gave my father a 'do it' smile.

"Father? Who're you calling?" My eyes wandered to the big circular clock next to our family painting. "At this time?" I continued.

It was already 7 in the evening and he is calling someone who might be having a pleasant dinner with their family.

Instead of answering me he raised his left arm signaling me to be quiet. After a few seconds his eyes lit up...

"Emma, mind if I can ask you a favor?"

Emma...Sperbund? Sehun's mother?