Chapter 22

"Happy Birthday Sej!" Minnie exposed the small rectangular purple velvet box she's been hiding behind her. My lips upturn at the corners of my mouth, I gladly took her gift and gave her a hug.

"Glad you could make it." I released her from our hug and she lightly slapped my shoulder.

"Of course! I would gladly ditch my boyfriend for you!" She stopped and bit her lips. "If I had any." I shook my head and laughed with her as we talked about my party, the pastries and the plans for our week getaway.

I am now 14 years old! Before summer will officially begin, we decided that it would be a good time to throw a celebration so what better occasion would it be other than my birthday? I suggested for a simple party, with just my classmates as our guest. Looking around, this is not what I meant by a simple celebration, but what did I expect of my parents?

We just finished our fourth year in middle school and I placed 1st place again, not like that made me feel great about me being a full grown woman inside a 14 years old's body. Mother and Father asked me again what I wanted as a present, all I asked was to spend my summer with my friends.

We've been planning to have a week of vacation with our close classmates. My parents will for sure not let me join if I just directly tell them, so I waited for the class ranking to come out and tell them. After our small debate, they finally agreed.

"I'm so excited for our getaway Sej!" Luna shrieked as she forked out one of the berry in her plate.

"I already got everything that we need, the only thing that you guys can bring are yourselves." I chuckled.

"That's great! I guess we really don't have anything to be worried about." Eunwoo butt in and sat freely on the empty seat in front of me.  The girls looked at him and sighed in synchronization, Sally and Hana besides him will almost faint, I forced myself to not roll my eyes at this moment.

I get it that he's cute, but don't you think they're really reacting so much?

"It's really great that your parents agreed Sej." I nodded at Minnie and shook my head in disbelief.

"I almost died insisting about this." I touched my forehead and rolled my eyes up  as if telling them how much of a headache it has been for me.

"I'm sure they had some request?" Luna then shifted her eyes sideways, pointing to the only person that is sitting quietly beside me in this massive circular table.

"Ah, yes." Sehun drank water from his glass and gave me a glance. The sleeves of his left arm were pulled up revealing the black pearl bracelet that I gave him when we were children, it still look as new as the day I gave it to him.

But... what happened to his fingers? He fixed it up with a lot of bandaid that it wasn't hard to see the amount he had on his long finger. I just noticed it now.

What did he do to have that much cuts?

I looked away quickly when his eyes stayed on me.

"I'll be with her every time." He placed his glass down and licked his upper lip. The girls looked at each other and shrieked, I rolled my eyes.

"Even when bathing and sleeping?" Eunwoo asked. I lift my towel and acted as if I was going to throw it at him.

You brat!