Chapter 17.

Melissa walks back over with two vodkas and smiles "so do you know what you're going to do?" I shake my head and sip on the vodka "no but I know I need to think fast because I plan on ending the black wolf by the end of next week so I don't need any more distractions." She smiles and holds her glass up "well cheers and good luck?" I smile and click her glass "I will need it." I drink the vodka in one and smile "my mum always said that if you are stuck with two boys then always choose the second one because if the first one meant that much you wouldn't let yourself know a second." She smiles softly and shrugs "so Nik?" I shake my head and laugh nervously "but the whole reason I am even here is because I want to protect the people I love including Ethan." I take a deep breath and stand up "another drink?" Melissa drinks hers in one and smiles "ok."

I walk towards the bar and smile as the bartender walks towards me "what can I get you?" I smirk and shake my head "your American?" He nods and leans forward "born and raised in Hagerstown until I was 17 then I moved to Paris too study and fell in love with the place." I smile and shake my head in disbelief "Hagerstown?" He nods and grabs a glass "yeah." I nod towards the vodka and smile "two vodkas and lemonades please." He pours two vodkas and smiles "where are you from?" I hand him my card and smile "Hollywood but I moved too Harpers Ferry for a few months until coming here." He hands me my card back and smiles "Harpers Ferry? That's like an hour away from Hagerstown." I smile and stick my card back in my pocket "I know. Small world." He smirks and nods "sure is." I take the vodkas and nod "well thanks." He leans straight and smirks "anytime."

I walk back towards the table smiling and Melissa smirks "hot bartender?" I nod and sit down "he is from around the town my dad lives." She looks at him and smiles "really? Small town." She looks at me and shrugs "sure is." I take a sip off the vodka and lean back looking at him for a few seconds "hey!" I jump and look at Melissa "what?" She shakes her head and waves "what happened to no more distractions?" I take a deep breath and nod "your right." I drink the vodka and nod "let's go." She laughs nervously and drinks her vodka in one and follows me "where are we going?" I smirk and open the door "you will see."

I wrap my arm around hers and lead her down the street "where are you taking me?" I stop and look at the nightclub in front of us "somewhere we can have an actual good time!" She smirks and nods "about time." We head inside and walk towards a table at the back "I will get us drinks." She nods and smiles as she sits down "usual?" She nods and smiles "always." I smile and nod "coming right up." I walk towards the bar and smile at the bartender until we comes over "what can I get you?" I grab my bag and place it on the counter "two vodkas please." He smirks and nods "two double vodkas on the house coming right up." I laugh sarcastically and shake my head "what?" He smirks and grabs two glasses "well when you go back to your table and tell your really cute friend that I gave you double vodkas on the house she is going to be interested in seeing the really cute bartender and she might even come over herself." I smirk and nod "and I will be sure to tell my really cute friend Melissa how nice you are." He places the glasses down and smiles "I'm Brandon." He holds his hand out and I smile "I'm Misty." He smirks and nods "well nice to meet you." I grab the drinks and nod firmly "you too."

I walk back towards the table and smile "here is your free double vodka." Melissa raises her eyebrow and scoffs "what?" I smile and sit down "the cute bartender thought you was cute so gave us it on the house." She looks towards the bar and smirks "and what is this cute bartender name?" I drink my vodka and smile "Brendon." She leans back and smiles "maybe I should go and get drink next time?" I nod and drink another sip off my vodka "I'm sure he would appreciate that." She holds her glass up and smirks "here is too making men appreciate things?" I raise my eyebrow and shake my head "here is too a good night." She takes a sip and laughs nervously "good night it is going to be indeed."

Melissa volunteers to go to the bar the rest of the night and I didn't mind. She took her time coming back but I was happy she was having fun and it gave me time to locate the black demon wolf. As I read through the news articles I get a text from Melissa saying look up. I look towards the bar and see her shaking her head "what?" She looks towards the entrance door shaking her head and a worried look in her face. I follow her eyes and see Nik and another girl. I laugh nervously and shake my head "you have got too be kidding me." I look back towards Melissa and take a deep breath before looking towards my phone and text her back "his loss." She speed walk back over with 4 drinks "you want to leave?" I shake my head and smile "if that is the kind off boy he is then I'm just glad I realised it now." She smiles softly and nods "ok good." She looks towards the bar and sticks her thumbs up "because I ordered shots."