Chapter 25.

After a few hours of research we put together what we found out. I look at my notebook and nod "he was in and out foster care since the age of 5 but never got adopted so he just settled off on his own. No records of family and he doesn't really have any proper friends on ANY his social media." I look at Melissa and shrug "he started working as a bartender at 18 and been doing it ever since." She smiles and looks towards her laptop "I got pretty much the same. Foster care, started work at 18 but I also found out that he travelled to America for 2 months every summer and has been since he was 16?" She looks at me and shrugs "different places every 3 days." She shows me the laptop and points to a picture "maybe he has family there?" I look at the old photo of him and smile "that's him?" She nods and smiles "him when he was 16." I laugh nervously and shake my head "he looks familiar there." Melissa smirks and turns the laptop back around and presses a button "really?" I nod and look towards my laptop "maybe he just has one of the faces? Is there any other pictures?" She nods and turns the screen around showing me another photo "Revned?" I look at the photos and laugh nervously "oh shit!" I quickly get up and grab my phone "I need to go!" I run out the room and downstairs as I make a phone call.

I stand outside and start pacing as the phone rings "come in pick up!" I take a deep breath and fling my head back when it goes to voicemail "call me back!" I hang up and look towards the house when the front door opens "everything ok?" I look at Melissa and nod "just wanted to check something." She smiles and nods "ok well I found something else." She closes the door behind her and smirks "let's go." I follow her towards the car and get into the passenger side. "Where are we gone?" She hands me my notebook and smiles "there." I look at the address as she sticks it into the satnav "and what is there?" She smirks at me as she starts driving "you will see." We pull up to an old abandoned church and I laugh sarcastically "what is this place?" She looks at her phone and shrugs "just follow me." She heads towards it and looks around "this way."

She walks towards the side of the building and enters a broken window at the bottom "come on!" I look aroud before sliding into the window "I'm coming." I get into the church and look around "find the lights." I look around and nod "found them." I switch the lights on and smile "wow!" I look around the old dusty basement and shake my head "what is this place?" I walk towards the desk and open the drawer "looks like a map?" I look at the map on the wall with pins in it "of what?" I look at it and smile "it's the American map." I see a newly bought notebook in the drawer "found something." Melissa walks towards me and smiles "stick it in here." She holds her bag open and smiles "let's go check upstairs." We walk upstairs and she nods "you go left and I will go right?" I nod and smile "ok." I turn left and begin to walk upstairs "keep your phone handy." She smiles and nods "I will." I head into the first door and look around the empty room "nope." I close the door behind me and check the next room. As I open the door I feel it slam shut halfway open "what?" I try open it again but I feel it shut tight "typical." I roll my eyes and look at the wall and smile "here goes nothing." I kick the wall with all my strength and knock a large hole in it. I look around and shake my head when I see Eric holding his weight against the wall "what the hell?" I roll my eyes and step through the hole "I know who you are." He laughs sarcastically and shakes his head "impossible."

I look around the room and shake my head "the way you acted when we touched at the wedding was weird and when you freaked out when I said I was with a date?" I walk towards the boarded up window and smile "I know about you travelling all around America looking for your family I presume since you have been in the adoption system since you was 5?" He rolls his eyes and walks towards me "so?" I smirk and look towards the ground "so I know who you are." He looks at me and shrugs "well do you want to enlighten me because I don't know where I came from?" I look at him and raise my eyebrows "what?" He laughs sarcastically and shrugs "I don't know where I came from." I laugh nervously and stand up "but you freaked out when I said I was with a date? Like you knew?" He walks towards a table and nods "when I touched you I felt something that I have been described as a familiar touch? It felt right so I just assumed that you was with someone from my family but when you said you was with Nik I knew I was wrong because iv knew Nik since I was 7." I get my phone and nod "I think this is your family." I show him a photo on my phone and his face lights up "I've had dreams about these people." I smile and stick my phone back in my pocket "so you know my family? You know me?" I take a deep breath and nod "I believe your real name is Caleb Denver."