Chapter 24.

I wake up in a silk sheeted bed which feels like heaven. I look aroud the room with large windows showing the woods and mountains around the large house. I look towards the tableside and see a photo off Nik "what?" I shake my head and quickly stand up "Nik?!" A door opens and Nik runs in "hi." He grins and looks me up and down "how you feeling?" I rub my head and sit on the bed again "sore and confused." He smiles softly and sits beside me "what happened?" He shrugs and takes a deep breath "I'm not sure." I look around and scoff "how did you find me?" I look towards the photo and shake my head "where is he?!" I jump up again and avoid eye contact with Nik "who?" I take a deep breath and look out the window "Joe." He stands up and walks towards me "what? Joe didn't do this." I look at him and shake my head "then who did?" He takes my hands and shrugs "I don't know." He sighs and looks towards the floor in anger "they got away by the time we got there." I look towards the wedding invitation on the bedside table and nod "I think I know who it was." I grab my shoes and bag that are lying beside the bed and shake my head "I got to go." I leave the room before he could say another word and quickly rush out the house.

I run through the woods in the pouring rain and stop to catch my breath from everything "Misty?!" I look over and see Nik running towards me with nothing but shorts and trainers on "go home Nik!" He runs towards me and shakes his head "who is Ethan?" I laugh nervously and shrug "I don't know, why?" He rolls his eyes and scoffs "you called me Ethan and was saying weird things about him?" I look towards the sky and shake my head "I should go." He holds my hand and spins me aroud "wait!" He kisses me for a few seconds and shakes his head "I like you Misty. A lot." He looks towards the ground and smirks "and I won't let you push me away for anyway. Not Nik and not Ethan." I take a deep breath and blush at his name "I'm sorry." I pull away and smile "I need to go." I run off and turn into wolf form dropping my bag in the process. I quickly pick it up with my teeth and I continue to run through the woods away from him.

When I get far enough away I stop and change back "shit!" I look inside my bag and get my phone "please answer." I dial Melissa's number and sigh in relief when she answers "good night then?" I laugh nervously and look around "can you come get me?" I hear a door slam and a car engine start "I'm on my way. You still in Niks?" I laugh nervously and look down the road "no but I think I'm at the side of the road which leads to his house. You know the way?" She laughs sarcastically before driving off "I can't wait to hear all about it. See you in 10." She hangs up and I take a deep breath and fall to the ground under a tree to avoid the rain. "Why?!" I look towards the sky and shake my head.

After a few minutes I hear a car speed down and stop beside me "get in loser!" I smile and stand up when I see Melissa's face "about time!" I run towards the car and get into the passenger side "helloooo!" I smile and shake my head "hi." She shrugs and starts the car "so what happened?" I look out the window  and laugh nervously "where do I even start?" As I begin telling her about last night's event. Eric, me being kidnapped and finally rescued by Nik who I called Ethan." After I finish telling her she sits in silence for a few seconds "so now what?" I shrug and look towards the sky "I'm not sure." She smirks and sits up straight "mission find Eric?" I smile and nod "mission find Eric."

We pull up outside the house and she smiles "I will get the wine and snacks? You get the laptop?" I smirk and nod "it's going to be a long night." She scoffs and nods "can't wait." I follow her inside and she walks towards the kitchen and nods "your room?" I shake my head and smile "I'm going for a shower and get changed but I will meet you in your room in 15?" She nods and smiles "ok." She walks into the kitchen and I run upstairs and grab clean clothes and place them on the bed before heading into the bathroom. "Misty?" Someone knocks on the bathroom door making me jump "be out in a  minute!" I turn the shower off and wrap a towel around me as I run towards the door and open it slightly "yeah?" Hades stands at the other side and laughs nervously "are you ok?" I nod and smile "yeah why?" He shakes his head and smirks "just checking." I nod and smile "I'm good thanks." He waves and walks towards his bedroom closing the door behind him. I take a deep breath and quickly walk into my room and close the door behind me "better!"

I get changed into clean clothes and grab my laptop and notebook and walk towards Melissa's room. I open the room door and she smiles as she holds a bottle of wine and a pizza box "ready?" I smile and walk towards her "ready." I sit on the bed and we open our laptops "ok so what do you know about him?" I laugh nervously and shake my head "his name is Eric and he works at the venue last night as a bartender." She smiles and flicks through her laptop "found him." I look at her screen and shake my head "what? How?!" I smile when I see his face on her screen "wasn't that hard." I smile and type his name into the search bar "." I smile and click on the first page "got you!"