Chapter 5

Y/n POV:

Y/n POV:

Removing his shoes, Jungkook stepped into the living room, loosening his necktie and plopped on the couch.

He placed a hand over his forehead, heavily breathing.

For some reason, he seemed exhausted. He must be tired from working all day.

I didn't waste any time filling up an empty glass with water.

"Jungkook,"

His closed eyes opened, hearing my voice. Still lying in the same position, his gaze fell on me and then at the glass of water.

"Take it back!" Coldly, he stated.

"You look tired. Are you okay?" I was worried about his health.

"Mind your own business!" He abruptly muttered, closing his eyes.

"I will make something to eat— AH!"

I shrieked when he bolted upright and threw the water glass on the floor.

I was trembling in fear, staring at the shattered pieces of glass on the marble tiles.

"Get lost from my sight! Don't ever show me your ugly face." His face turned crimson with fury.

I was still in shock.

With heavy steps, I moved forward to pick the shattered pieces of glass.

"Owh," I hissed, getting pricked by a piece of glass while picking it.

Removing the glass piece, I whimpered in pain and applied a firm pressure on the pricked site to stop the bleeding.

Jungkook noticed me pressing my finger with my hand.

He pulled his hair in frustration, growling loudly.

"Can't you be more careful? Why are you so careless? Let me see." He pulled his hand forward, to touch my hand but I moved away.

My gaze blurred, and hot moisture burned down my cheeks.

Pushing him away, I confronted him.

"Don't act like you care about me. I was just trying to be a good wife to you and you—"

I couldn't bring up myself to complete the sentence.

My eyes were filling with tears and I didn't want him to see me in this state.

I looked away, refusing to let the emotion take over in front of him.

A huge lump formed in my throat. Finally, I burst into tears.

"Look, I was just trying to help you—" He huffed and exhaled a deep breath.

He rolled his eyes, looking at me crying.