Chapter 22

Y/n POV:

Y/n POV:

He came close to me and stopped right in front of me. I stared at him without blinking my eyes.

"Son-in-law!" I noticed my mother's presence behind me when she screamed in excitement. Jungkook glanced at me before greeting my mother.

"Come inside." My mother gestured to him to follow her with a smile.

He stole a glance at me before looking away and went after my mother.

I was still standing on the same spot, trying to figure out whether it was a dream or not.

"Y/n-ah, are you going to stay there all day? Come inside." I came back to my senses hearing my mother's voice from a distance.

My parents and Jungkook were already in the living room, having a deep conversation. I turned to go upstairs to avoid getting involved in their conversation.

My feet stuck on the ground when I heard my father's voice, "Y/n, Come here. We need to talk to both of you."

I was screaming inside, but, slowly I headed towards them.

"Is everything alright between you two?" My father asked in a serious tone.

Before answering Jungkook cleared his throat, "Everything is fine."

"Y/n came here without any notice and when we asked her to go, she refused to go back." My mother told him.

Why she had to tell him that?

For a while, I felt Jungkook's gaze on me. Fiddling with my fingers, I looked down at my lap.

"She was waiting for me to get her back," Jungkook said, faintly smiling at me.

My eyes widened hearing his response. I got excited all alone by myself. I tried to hide my smile, lowering my head further.

"Why did you take so long?" My father asked him, making me lift my head.

That's exactly what I wanted to ask him.

"I had to settle some works for which I needed some time."

"So you're here to get her back, am I right?" Lifting a brow, my father asked.

Jungkook looked straight into my eyes before answering his question, "Yes."

I got chills down my spine when he looked directly into my eyes.

My parents shared a smile.

"You should talk since it has been a while seeing each other. You must have missed each other. Y/n used to keep her phone close to her, maybe she was waiting for your call." My mother giggled, teasing me.

I almost choked on air. What's wrong with her today? She is getting overly excited.

Jungkook looked at me while wearing a smile and I looked away hiding my smile.