Chapter 23

Jimin POV:I went for a meeting which was held in one of the well-known companies in Korea

Jimin POV:
I went for a meeting which was held in one of the well-known companies in Korea. After I was done with the meeting, I left the meeting room.

On my way, I heard some noises coming from a cabin. Slowly, I clicked the doorknob opening the door.

A middle-aged man and a girl were arguing with each other.

I couldn't see their faces since the girl was back facing me and the man was standing in front of her. 

The girl was blocking the view of his face.

I was about to close the door but stopped hearing a familiar name.

"Why did he break up with you?!" The man growled.

I peeked inside the room. The girl was fiddling with the hem of her skirt which reached up to her thighs.

"He said that he is in love with his wife."

"What the hell were you doing? You should have stopped that from happening?" The man raised his voice.

"I can't! How can I control his feelings? What I am doing is wrong. What we are doing is wrong. I can't do this anymore."

"After all the years of hard work, you want me to stop after coming this far." The man yelled.

"You're doing this because of him, right? Everything was fine until he came. You know what I can do if you don't do as I say." The man screamed, releasing his frustration.

The girl turned around; My eyes widen in shock when the girl revealed her face.

It was Yuna.

"You can't hurt him. I won't let you do that."

Who is she talking about?

I wondered.

The man strode towards her and gripped her hair, yanking it. She gasped.

"Three years ago, you couldn't do anything. What can you do now? I want Jeon Enterprises at any cost. If you go against me, I can even hurt your mother."

My blood boiled in anger. I was about to storm inside to stop him but froze in my tracks when I heard him say, "Just like what I did to your so-called love." 

"If you try to hurt them, I will expose you." She warned him.

The man let her free and laughed evilly, "For the past 15 years, no one could do anything to me. What can they do even if they know it now?"

She gave him a glare and turned towards the door, where I was standing. Before she could see me, quickly I hid behind the wall.

I stood there for a while, still thinking about their conversation. I decided to follow her.

I walked slowly so she wouldn't notice me. She went to the terrace of the building, standing near a bunch of wooden sticks.

I noticed the tears that streamed down her cheeks, uncontrollably. Running a hand through her hair, she wiped off her tears with her other hand.

Gripping tightly on her hair, she kicked one of the wooden sticks in anger.

The stick fell, causing the other bunch of the wooden sticks to fall on her. I panicked fearing for her safety.

Before the sticks fell on her, I ran towards her, pulling her towards me.

Losing my balance, I fell on the ground which resulted in her landing on top of me.

Her eyes were closed and her cheeks wet with tears. Carefully, I studied her face.

Slowly, she opened her eyes and our eyes locked.

"What a-are you doing-" She shuttered.

Before she finished her sentence, she realized the weird position. Pulling herself up, she stood up and fixed her hair.

Getting up from the ground, I stared at Yuna who was darting her eyes away from me.

Clearing her throat, she faced me, "What are you doing here?"

I just stared at her, blankly.

"I'm working with this company for a project." Carelessly, I answered as if it was not a big deal.

Her face turned pale. I noticed the panicked reaction on her face.

"No! You can't. Just go somewhere else."

I gave her an 'are you serious' look.

"What are you saying? I already got the deal and I will start working on it soon."

Her eyes widened. Closing the distance between us, she took hold of my arms.

"Please... Just go back. You can get the deal, anywhere you want. You can even ask for help from Jungkook. He'll help you."

When she said that, I lost my mind. Giving a glare, I gritted my teeth.

"Not everyone is like you. I will never use my friend for my own benefit."

She removed her hands from me, pursing her lips not knowing what to say next.

Lowering her gaze she spoke, "Why don't you understand? You can't stay here. He will hurt you. It's his plan. I know him very well."

"Who will hurt me? What are you talking about?" Furrowing my brows in confusion, I asked her.

What exactly is she hiding from me?

"My father. He will hurt you."

"Why? What wrong have I done to your father? Why would he try to harm me?"

"Because he knows..." She paused to release a deep breath.

Her voice came out as a whisper, "He knows that... I love you." 

─ׅ──ׅ─៹۟▩⃟ꦿꦼ🍰▩⃟ꦿꦼ៹─ׅ──ׅ─

❝Trust is like an eraser, it gets smaller and smaller after every mistake.❞

─ׅ──ׅ─៹۟▩⃟ꦿꦼ🍰▩⃟ꦿꦼ៹─ׅ──ׅ─

A/N:
So, here's the story of side characters. Please don't skip these chapters; the role of Jimin and Yuna is important for the story of the main character. If you skip this part, you might get confused.

And yes, before you ask... This is a Jungkook FF. I want every character of my story to have a happy ending. To convey a special message through each character, I'm including the story of side characters as well.

Thank you for reading. 

I love you all! :)))