hoseok - request

in honour of sunshine hobi's birthday, i'm publishing the first chapter to book four of my imagines series! now, you all deserve an explanation as to why this is so late which means that this author's note is a little long! if you don't want to read it, just scroll down and you'll see the start of the story :) anyway, i've been super busy this year and literally am struggling to fit time in to write but i am making progress with your requests as they are starting to back up now. the reason why i'm so busy is that i'm working on a few writing projects, an entry for a writing competition here in australia and a few full length stories that are to come 👀, while writing your imagines but, trust me, i will get as many done as i can very soon and i'm sorry for making you all wait (hopefully, this makes up for it a little)...and one last thing, would you all read an imagines series for TXT? this is just smth i'm curious about as i do want to branch out a little more, let me know your thoughts!!

enough of me, now onto the story! i hope you guys enjoy it 💕💕💕💕

THE SUN WILL RISE

- in a world where falling in love can result in your unfortunate death, a man with a smile that warms you up more than the sun itself makes himself home within your troubled life; the threat of death still not enough to stop you from falling hard for him; requested by my little sister

You run your fingers over the cover of an old book, the feel of its rough-with-age edges and fabric lettering familiar against your fingertips. Even the weight of it in your lap is comfortingly recognisable; it provides you with a brief sense of normality.

Giddy with an odd mix of excitement and anxiety, you allow your fingers to timidly curl around the flimsy cover, gently and tenaciously flipping it over to reveal the sophisticated looking title page that you fell in love with the very first time you read it.

Rare Diseases: A Mysterious World

As a child, you had always had this strange fascination with things that couldn't be explained by simple medical science. However, this doesn't make you feel too special as your fascination had stemmed from the fact that you yourself are something that mere science can't explain.

Suddenly feeling sour, you waste no time in thumbing through the pages until you reach the section that you've read so much, you're sure you'd have no problem in repeating it word for word.

Lover's Burden

They say that love is the one thing that humans can't live without. It surrounds us, whether we like it or not, in the form of family, friends and, of course, significant others. While many may swear that they could go their entire lives without ever falling in love, it has been proven that this is not the case.

Love is, and will always be, inevitable.

However, for a handful of people, falling in love just so happens to be out of the question. This specific disease was discovered in the late 17th century by a young lady named Jung Jin Soo. After falling in love with a foreign nobler that happened to be passing through her town, she discovered that the more she fell in love with him, the more her health deteriorated.

At first, she developed symptoms for the common cold. Expectedly, her temperature rose steadily while her throat was itchier than it had ever been before. Even her nose, which had never caused her issues before, felt blocked and heavy upon her face.

After days of trying old family remedies, she finally realised that what had first appeared to be a simple cold was something a lot more serious. She noticed that after a day with her lover, she felt weak and unnaturally dizzy. Her muscles ached endlessly and there'd always be a numbing sting near her heart.