jin - request (pt 6)

THE BANGTAN BUNCH

SICKIE; JIN

It's early; that much you can tell when you wake up on a Friday morning. It's also much too bright in your small—and oddly spacious—room yet you very vividly remember drawing the curtains before heading off to bed the night before. Groaning, you press a clammy and heavy palm to your forehead, finding it hard to stretch your eyes open with the sun mercilessly beating down against your eyelids and yet, when you eventually manage to snap them open, your room is shrouded in the tranquil and dim glow of the morning.

Swallowing the thickness of sleep weighing down your tongue, you push yourself to sit up on your mattress, alarmed by the way your head immediately lolls against your shoulder, your stomach performing sickening flips within you. At this point, you're not even surprised to hear another pained groan fall from your lips.

But you can't just sit and do nothing about it so you press your bare feet against the rough carpet of your room, hovering ever so slightly off your bed to test the waters. You sway but it's bearable so you begin the treacherous journey to the kitchen, the plaster walls of the house acting as your guide.

Your steps are dangerously clumsy and your body feels achingly weak, alarm bells blaring both literally and metaphorically within your mind, helping you realise that there's something terribly wrong but it also leads you to realise that it's a school day which means Jin will be busying himself in the kitchen with your lunch.

All you have to do is get to him, he'll make all the pain go away.

You swallow down the acidic bile that rises up your throat and keep trekking forward, knowing very well that you'll find the sight of Jin slaving away at the stove a welcome one. Your lungs close in on themselves and your skin begins to bead and drip with cold sweat, making it harder and harder for you to remain upright let alone walk a few more steps.

"Y/N, you awake?" you hear from what you assume is the kitchen but the voice is muffled and leaves your ears ringing as if the noise itself is piercing through one ear and out the other, leaving you whining in agony.

You don't even feel your neck stretch up so that you can attempt to focus on Jin's blurred figure coming into view but what you do feel is a sudden influx of cooling relief numbing your limbs until you feel utterly weightless.

Overwhelmed, you give in to the sweet feeling of nothing and fall to your knees.

*

Your sense of time is distorted beyond understanding as you slowly stir awake with a pained groan. Habitually, your eyes blink furiously in order to make out your surroundings which, you soon realise, is a cluster of seven worried faces hovering beside a bed that you recognise as not yours.

Jin, the closest to you, presses gently against a damp towel resting on your forehead. "Sweetie, you okay?"

His voice floats by you in a whisper and his smile is soft and reassuring, exactly the time of smile to ease your throbbing headache.

"No," you croak pathetically, jutting your lips out slightly, "I feel so sick. What happened?"

Jin clicks his tongue as if he's about to start scolding you, "You passed out in front of the kitchen with a fever higher than I've ever seen before so I rushed you into Hoseok's room and called the guys to watch you while I phoned your school."

You feel as if you're in the clear until his eyebrows furrow in concern milliseconds after he finishes speaking, "I can't believe you would try to walk if you were feeling that bad, you should've just called me!"