jungkook - request (pt 7)

WELCOME TO BANGTAN HIGH

welcome to bangtan high: a series in which you and your seven friends get up to all sorts of trouble; requested by @army_pidge

OUR LITTLE HILL; JUNGKOOK

You suck in a mouthful of grossly stale air the very second you emerge from the examination room, grateful for the way it inflates your shrunken lungs despite the oddly sour taste it leaves flattened against your tongue; however, these thoughts don't distract you from the frustration tightening your muscles, your hand gripping firmly onto the bottom of your skirt.

So badly do you wish to just run until your chest burns with regret and rage but you force yourself to maintain your composure as you drag your feet until you're standing beside the door, dropping your head so that your hair falls over your face unflatteringly while you count down the seconds until Jungkook exits the hall.

Luckily for you, he comes skipping out in no time, wearing a grin that stretches from ear-to-ear. It falters when he can't seem to find you right away but it disappears altogether when he finds you staring at your shoes with an expression that very clearly reads gloomy.

It suddenly occurs to him that you might be thinking about the test, the image of you stressing out from a few rows beside him now resurfacing in his mind.

Determined to make you feel better, he squishes past the ever-growing crowd, cursing quite loudly when he is finally shoved out of the mass of squirming bodies before straightening out his uniform. Cooing to himself at the way you don't even look up at the sound of his voice, he jogs over and envelopes you in a bone crushing hug, lifting you off your feet to spin the both of you around in the exact way he knows brings a giggle out of you.

Just as he expected, a lethargic sounding giggle pushes past your lips when your feet touch the floor once again.

"What's up, buttercup?" he teases, tweaking your nose, watching in an endearing fascination as you scrunch up your nose with a pout, shuffling forward to rest your head on his chest. He doesn't even realise what he's doing until his fingers habitually sift through the softness of your hair slowly as if he's the one savouring the moment.

"I totally failed the test," you manage to mumble loud enough for him to hear, fastening your arms around his thin waist in embarrassment as he hums softly in understanding. "I left out most of the last page because there wasn't enough time for me to finish. It's going to look so bad if I fail."

He hesitates on saying something, his mind racing with sentences he could possibly say to comfort you but none seem good enough to make you feel better; however, an idea pops into his mind quite like a lightbulb lighting up a dark room, his smile one of relief as he pulls away from your embrace to tuck your hair behind both your ears.

Your heart stutters at how soft his hands are against your cheeks as he slides them down from your ears to cup them, his expression affectionately fond as he stares at you as if you're the only thing that matters to him.

"Meet me out front in 10?"

You nod, "Okay, but—"

Jungkook is gone before you can even finish your sentence, leaving you to angrily trudge in his footsteps, wondering exactly what it is he has planned for you.

*

You kick a pebble with a sigh, grimacing at the cruddy grey of the concrete you stand on just as the sound tyres make your ears perk up. Looking up in curiosity, you feel your eyes widen in surprise when you see Jungkook pull up with his pastel blue scooter, the very same one Jin had gotten him for his birthday.

He hops off the scooter with a grin, jogging over to you with a helmet in his hand. You furrow your brows together as he places the helmet onto your head with his bottom lip in between his teeth, looking up at him as he fastens it, giving the helmet a wiggle to make sure that it fits.

"Great," he whispers, pinching at your cheek before turning to return to his scooter, "hop on."

You give him an odd look, fruitlessly attempting to pull your hair through the straps as he rolls his eyes at you, patting the seat behind him slowly. "C'mon, I'll take you home but, first, we have to stop somewhere."

Eventually, you nod, showing no emotion as you sneak up behind him to take the seat, gripping tightly onto the edges of the machine as it starts with a clear of its engine.

You jolt but still make no move to grip onto Jungkook.

He catches onto this in no time, chuckling to himself as he purposely makes a sharp turn around the upcoming corner. With a high-pitched yelp, you rush to grab onto his waist, breathing heavily as he apologises profusely; however, you can hear the pride in his tone of voice, the cockiness of it irking you.

Huffing, you go to slip your hands off but he's quick to hold them together, squeezing them as if telling you to stay before patting them and returning his hand to the handlebars. You debate on it for a while but, ultimately, settle on tightening your hold on him, resting your cheek against the warmth of his back.

It's not long before Jungkook flicks the scooter off at the base of a small hill. You look to the top in fascination, wondering how you had missed such a place. He grins giddily at you, lacing his fingers with yours before pulling you behind him as he marches up the hill.

The grass is long enough to brush against your ankles, sending a shock wave of goosebumps up your limbs as the warm wind attempts to kiss them away, battling the sun's honey rays for ownership of your skin. Your lips part involuntarily in awe, your eyes wide as you take in the sight of the town you've grown up in stretched out before you.

You marvel at it all, feeling Jungkook's hand fall from your grip as you step away to savour the atmosphere in its entirety.

"Fuck my future! I'm young, let me live!" Jungkook suddenly yells, startling you to the point where you jump back in shock, hand flattening against your chest as he turns to flash you a charming smirk. "Your turn."

You realise what he's asking of you with a snort before clearing your throat dramatically. "Fuck my stupid exam! So what if I get a bad score? I'll do fucking better next time!"

"Better?" he asks, waddling over to wrap you up in his arms yet again, stunned by the exhilarated smile on your face. You sink into his embrace with a nod, sighing as he runs his fingers over your back.

"Do the others know about this place?" you ask curiously, looking up at him with a pout.

"No," he giggles with a shake of his head, "we're the only ones that know about this. It can be like our own little hill."

Your heart clenches dangerously at the sincerity behind his words, your gaze drifting to the sunset happening beside the two of you, biting onto your lip as the hazy colours blend magically into one another.

Jungkook holds you closer, knowing very well that this exact moment will be one that he'll never forget.