taehyung - request (pt 1)

WELCOME TO BANGTAN HIGH

welcome to bangtan high: a series in which you and your seven friends get into all sorts of trouble; requested by @army_pidge

ALMOST ALL NIGHTER; TAEHYUNG

Taehyung patiently taps his foot against the welcome mat you have laid out front, humming softly to suppress his giggle as you continue to struggle with the key. Eventually, he clicks his tongue and snakes his arm around your shoulder to clasp onto the key and guide your hand towards the lock, grinning when it swings open.

You turn to stick your tongue out at him before trudging inside, kicking your shoes off carelessly as he follows behind you, shaking his head as he crouches down to neatly place your shoes beside each other before doing the same for his own pair.

You're already ascending the stairs by the time he looks up so he jogs to catch up, smiling hesitantly when you glance over your shoulder with a roll of your eyes.

Finally, the two of you enter your room, simultaneously tossing your bags by your bed before collapsing onto it with groans of exhaustion.

Taehyung purposely stretches his leg across your back and arm over your head, allowing half of his body to rest on top of yours, his weight beginning to suffocate you as you whine and beg him to get off all while attempting to push his limbs off you.

Taking pity on you, he rolls off and sits himself up, crossing one leg over the other as you follow suit with a laugh, combing your fingers through your now disheveled hair in an attempt to reset it. Taehyung coos and shuffles forward to help while looking around your room in awe.

"So, your parents are really gone all weekend?" he smiles, his eyes softening with amusement when they return to your face. You offer him a suggestive smirk and a nod, wiggling your eyebrows to draw a laugh out of him.

"That means we have all weekend," you mumble, lowering your voice so that it's just above a whisper, " to study."

He shudders with a giggle at the suggestiveness in your tone of voice, tapping your nose with his index finger as he hangs off your bed to grab his books out of his back. "I don't even think studying will help us pass this test."

You sigh because you know he's right and fall back onto your pillow, wondering what possessed you to think that taking a literature class would be fun. "Did you wanna shower first or just get started?"

He stares at the books for what seems like an eternity before turning charmingly to flash you a heart stopping grin, your immediate response being to gulp nervously. "How about I go wash up and you order dinner? After that, we can pull an all-nighter to study."

You give him a cheesy thumbs up as he climbs off the bed and makes a beeline for your closet as if he owns the place. He might as well considering the clothes in there mainly belong to him and the six other boys you call your friends.

"What were you feeling like?" he asks while pulling out a pair of sweatpants and a loose black t-shirt that belongs to Jungkook. You shrug and pull out your phone, looking through the list of places you've recently ordered from.

"We could have pizza," you suggest energetically, "or I could order japchae or sundubu-jjigae."

"Just pick whatever, bun, I'm not fussy," he announces when you continue to list the names of random dishes, hiking his clothes over his shoulder as he heads to the bathroom.

It's not long before he emerges from the bathroom, the click of your bedroom door being opened acting as your cue to look up but a part of you wishes you didn't.

He stands before you with his towel hanging around his neck as the few water droplets from his hair run down his bare and toned chest, his shirt still in his hands as he closes the door behind him. You try not to stare but you can't help it when your eyes instinctively begin to give him a slow once over, impressed by how much muscle he's gained since the last time you saw him shirtless. In fact, while you would never admit this out loud, he looks enticingly attractive, especially with the sinking sun kissing his honey bronze skin goodbye.

Too attractive, one might say.

"I settled on fried chicken," you mumble, ducking your head to force your gaze onto the much less exciting sight of your bed sheets. He lets out a hearty laugh, strutting towards your mirror to strike a few poses, knowing very well that your gaze has returned to rest on him.

"I started going to the gym with Jimin and Kook, what do you think?" he gushes as if praising himself, looking to you expectantly.

All you can do is offer him a nod and an encouraging smile, stunned by the fact that, for a few seconds that felt like hours, you considered one of your closest friends hot. Sure, you know all too well that seven boys you surround yourself with are all equally attractive but never have you ever thought about any of them in that way.

Until now, I guess.

He finally tugs the shirt over his shoulders and crawls to sit beside you on the bed, resting his chin on your shoulder so that he can read through the book that lays in your lap, his breath warm against your skin. "You gonna have a shower?"

"I had one this morning," you return, sighing as you flick the page over to keep reading up on Ancient Greek theatre, the topic of the stupid test that has Taehyung staying over at your place all weekend to study for.

"What else is going to be on this fucking test anyway?" he groans after just reading a few lines from the textbook with a look of disgust painted miserably onto his face.

"Well, that last assignment we did on Medea will be referenced and I'm pretty sure we have to compare it to Macbeth," you explain, sifting through the sheets you threw on your bed for one that explains the contents of the test.

Taehyung pushes away from you with a groan louder than the one before. "What does Macbeth have to do with the Greeks?"

You ponder on it for a while before nodding your head, finally succeeding in pulling the sheet out from the massive pile, thrusting it in his direction. Before he can clasp onto it, however, there is a knock at your front door and it's one so familiar that you already know who is standing behind it.

Taehyung seems to know too because he shoots up with a relieved gasp, palm flattening over his chest. "Thank God, the food is here."

*

"What time is it?" you yawn after jotting down a set of notes that you're sure will be your last if your hand keeps cramping like it is now. When you don't get an answer, you repeat the question with a little more force, looking over to see Taehyung jolt awake, slapping his cheeks to keep himself that way before grabbing his phone.

"Four in the morning," he whines, his movements lethargic as he rather carelessly drops his books to the floor beside your bed before sprawling out beside you. "It's late. Let's sleep and finish tomorrow."

Finding this behaviour typical of Taehyung, you roll your eyes and firmly shake your head. "I thought we were doing an all-nighter."

"Four counts as all night," he groans quietly, grabbing onto your arm loosely to shake it slowly. "C'mere and sleep."

You go to resist his tempting idea of sleep but find yourself struggling to keep your tired and stinging eyes open. With a sigh that gets Taehyung to drop your arm, you toss your books beside his and lean over to flick the lamp off. Not long after that, you feel Taehyung's warm arms snake around your middle, pulling you to lay down with your back flush against his chest, his leg slotting itself in between yours.

"Tae, let go," you murmur despite feeling yourself begin to drift off to sleep in his embrace, especially when he buries his face into your neck.

"No, it's comfy," is all he says before pressing a gentle kiss to the back of your neck and tightening his hold on you, pleased that you're going to let him cuddle you to sleep.

However, as the two of you slowly but surely head off to sleep, you both let the thought that neither of you are going to wake up early enough to study properly tomorrow sink to the back of your minds.

After all, you still have Sunday.