hoseok - request (pt 6)

WELCOME TO BANGTAN HIGH

welcome to bangtan high: a series in which you and your seven friends get into all sorts of trouble; requested by @army_pidge

DANCE DANCE; HOSEOK

With a noticeable lightness in your steps, you slide your lunchbox onto the table with a sweet hum, plopping yourself down beside Jimin who coos at your arrival, reaching over to pinch lovingly at your cheeks.

Once Jimin pulls away from you, you turn to greet the others with a warm smile, feeling rather content when they return your greetings with ones of their own. Finally, you lick your lips and begin to dig into your food but something feels off.

With a small frown, you straighten and search the table. "Where's Hobi?"

"Dance practice," Jungkook chirps from the end of the table, smiling sweetly over at you. You nod slowly but then find your expression twisting into one of confusion.

"Wait, we don't have dance classes here so what is he practicing?" you ask with a little excitement in your tone, ignoring the food sitting in front of you as you think back to the last time you saw Hoseok perform. After all, watching him dance has always been a pleasure for you so there's no surprise that you're eager to find out what he's performing for next.

"The school's holding a dance competition so Hoseokie signed himself up," Namjoon elaborates, satisfied when he looks up to see you nod in understanding and spoon another mouthful of food past your lips, jumping straight back into the conversation when it slips from Hoseok to a scandal that everyone's been talking about.

It's not long before the boxes in front of everyone are empty and you're all subconsciously getting ready to walk through the school until the bell rings; this being a routine for your group since Namjoon suggested it a while back when he noticed how pretty the school's trees are.

With a content sigh, you stand to begin your walk when a frantic Hoseok runs up to the table, slamming his hands on the plastic. Alarmed by his sudden appearance, you sit back down.

"What's wrong?" Taehyung asks, rubbing a hand up and down the older male's back as he sits himself on the edge of the table with a distressed yet oddly endearing huff.

"Well," he begins glumly, wearing a look that reflects that of a kicked puppy, "I was practicing my routine for the competition when one of the teachers stopped by. She said she was impressed with how it's looking so far and when I thanked her, she asked me where my partner was."

"Partner?" Taehyung whispers, his eyebrows furrowed together.

"Yeah, I was confused too," Hoseok exclaims before simmering back down to his hopeless mood. "She explained to me that to enter the competition, I need to have a partner to dance with which is why I need your help."

It's silent for a few seconds before Jin breaks it with his signature laugh, all eyes turning to him in surprise as he wipes a tear from his eye.

"That's it?" he chuckles. "Hobi, why don't you just ask Jimin? I'm sure he'd love to be your partner."

Said male smiles from beside you, giving his friend an enthusiastic thumbs up but Hoseok shakes his head slowly. "No, no. It has to be a girl."

They share blank blinks before turning to look at you. You gulp underneath their gazes, knowing very well that you're getting roped into this whether you like it or not

"Fine," you sigh, your quick answer pleasing them as it means they don't have to guilt trip you to do it, "I'll do it but remember, I can't dance."

*

"Okay," Hoseok pants with his hand on his hips, sweat beading across his honey skin, "I believe you now."

You groan from your spot on the studio floor, limbs aching as you attempt to stretch them out, just catching onto the look of pity he shoots you as your chest rises and falls rapidly.

"You really can't dance," he sighs, scrubbing a hand down his face when you groan once more as you try to sit yourself up. He eventually rolls his eyes and clutches onto your forearms to pull you to sit against the mirror.

"Sorry, Hobi," you sigh, pushing your hair back with a trembling hand. "Maybe I can help you find someone better."

His expression of frustration softens into one of fondness as he collapses beside you with a shake of his head. "No, this'll be fun! I can teach you how to dance!"

You raise an eyebrow at him, angling your head so you can stare at him without using too much energy. He ignores the feel of your gaze on him and hums happily, even when you shoot a deadpanned question at him. "You think you can teach me to dance in just two weeks?"

He nods, twisting himself around so that he can grip onto your shoulders with his lips pressed together determinedly. "I've seen you wake Yoongi up. If you can do that, you can do anything."

You can't help but laugh at the humour behind his statement, accepting his awaiting hands as he pulls you up into a hug, kissing the top of your head before running to switch the music off, returning back to you with an even bigger grin than the one he had on before.

"Let's start from the top," he instructs, slowly guiding you through the first few counts for the routine, pausing several times to help you refine a few of the steps. As the hours pass, you find yourself having more and more fun with Hoseok, feeling the tension in your muscles fade away as you feel the music sink into your skin and become a part of you.

You've got this.

The sky has melted into a warm black by the time you collapse onto the floor with your head on Hoseok's chest, listening to his praises with a goofy grin painted onto your face. "That was amazing, Y/N, really! I'm surprised you nailed the combinations that quickly."

You sigh and stare up at the ceiling. "I hope I can win this with you, Hobi."

He ruffles your hair affectionately, closing his eyes in exhaustion. "Me too, bun, me too."