taehyung - request

and i'm back with another one! hope you all enjoy! (also if you've followed me on insta, could you let me know so i can accept requests, thanks xx)

CLICKBAIT

- in which both you and taehyung are popular youtubers with a flare for pranking each other; requested by @yoongles_k

His tongue stuck out in concentration, he adjusts the camera with an anxious tremble in his hands, his smile warm yet mischievous as he moves back to make sure his whole bedroom is in frame.

"Perfect," he mumbles to himself, cleverly tossing his camera strap over the light that turns on when it's recording. He rubs his hands together in anticipation before finally pressing record, trying his hardest to stifle the giggle that bubbles up his throat.

"Hi, everyone," he beams, running a hand through his hair habitually. "Welcome back to Vantae! Just a reminder to subscribe, if you haven't already, to join the Tata Family and leave a like. Anyway, today, I have something risky planned."

He pauses to laugh to himself, shoulders shaking as he presses his palm against his mouth, feeling that he's composed himself enough to look back at the camera.

"So, as I'm sure you're all aware, Y/N and I have been together for almost over two years. To keep the spark between us alive, we often pull pranks on each other—link in the description to all of those on her channel and mine—but we usually keep it to a minimum. For today's prank, however, I'm going to take it up a notch."

For comedic purposes only, he licks his lips and moves his face closer to the camera, a smirk of utter cheekiness etched onto his face like it was carved in stone.

"I'm gonna pretend to break up with her."

He gulps nervously.

"This could go one of many ways but Y/N will be home from shopping in a few minutes which gives me just enough time to finish getting ready. I ask you all to wish me luck."

And with that, he stands, checking the hidden light on the camera one last time before sitting himself on the edge of the bed, hunching over and willing his eyes to well with hot tears.

A warm drop on his cheek and he's ready to go.

As predicted, you return home a few minutes later, your exasperated sigh and the sound of your keys hitting the countertop making Taehyung's ears perk up. Feeling his stomach begin to twist itself into sickening knots, he squeezes his eyes shut, allowing several more tears to trail down his cheeks slowly.

"Taehyung," you call from the kitchen, his heart hammering in his chest. "Baby, where are you?"

"In my room," he chokes out, surprising himself with the amount of emotion that soaks his words, holding his breath when he hears you make a beeline for his room.

Here we go.

You push open the door to his room, worry clouding your thoughts and making everything fuzzy, the sight of him crying suffocatingly squeezing at your heart and lungs, ultimately, leaving you to be the one finding it hard to breathe.

Feeling as time has slowed itself down just to taunt you, you stumble over to him, crouching down to gingerly cup his face and tilt it so that his bloodshot eyes meet yours, the almost heartbreaking swirls of gold in them taking you by surprise.

His hands, colder than they've ever been before, clasp onto yours, pulling them away from his face and instead guiding them to rest in his lap; cold fingers timidly wrapping around the warmth your hands provide as if it's the last time they'll do so.