yoongi - request

PARTY & PUNCHES

- in which an out of hand party leads to you finding out more about the man who you always saw cloaked in darkness underneath the twinkling lights of the stars; requested by @guccilulz

You cover your mouth with your hand, stifling a hearty laugh as Jungkook urgently presses a finger to his lips, his eyes glistening with a mischievous youth that hasn't died since the day you met him. Nodding quickly, he silently sinks his hand into a bag of snacks, pulling one out to aim it at Taehyung's head, launching it before either of you can burst out into a fit of giggles.

It falls onto the table with a soft clatter as Taehyung turns to pout angrily at the younger, his whines echoing around the small cafe as Jimin tries to hush the commotion, embarrassingly flashing those around them an apologetic smile.

"Why are we here again?" he huffs angrily, sliding down against the seat in an attempt to hide his face from those that still continue to look over in annoyance of the noise.

"Y/N said it was for cake!" Taehyung accuses, pointing his finger at you with his eyes narrowed suspiciously. Sighing with a roll of your eyes, you lift yourself off of Jungkook's shoulder and bat your eyelashes at them with a cheeky grin.

"Namjoonie asked me to get you all in one place so he could talk about his party," you rush to explain, sucking in a deep breath before going to continue, "because he knew you wouldn't come unless I asked you to."

Immediately, the boys stand with an uproar of complaints, grabbing their belongings from the table before squishing themselves past you to escape the booth and make a run for it before Namjoon arrives. You panic, throwing yourself over the edge of the booth to latch onto Jimin and Jungkook's forearm desperately, Taehyung and Hoseok stopping only when Jungkook pulls him back by his collar.

"Please stay," you beg, pouting to add effect to your pleads. "Joonie is so excited for it and I don't want to disappoint him."

Gradually, their expressions soften as they groan, reluctantly walking back around to take their seats, unable to feign anger when you giggle and clap your hands together.

It's not long before the doorbell above the door rings, signalling the arrival of the older boys. You step over Jungkook and skip around to the other side, embracing Jin in a surprise hug, laughing when he gasps but circles his arms around your waist anyway.

You are then gathered into Namjoon's arms as he gives you a quick squeeze before letting go to follow Jin to the table but you remain with your arms stretched out habitually as the third of the trio walks into your line of view, his eyebrow arched in mild shock.

Min Yoongi, you realise with a sudden jolt, your lips curling up into a scowl as you scoff and drop your arms to your sides, sashaying away as he laughs mockingly at you from behind.

You had completely forgotten that Namjoon had mentioned that Yoongi would be joining but it honestly doesn't come as a complete surprise to you. Those guys have been friends with each other for a long time so who are you to come in and separate them because of your hatred for him?

You also hate making group hangouts—like today's one—awkward because of the tension between the two of you but, no matter how hard you try, you just can't seem to get along with him and his intimidatingly cocky nature.

Finally, all eight of you are crammed together at one table, ready to hear about Joon's party.

"I'm going to start with the guest list," he smiles, ignoring the deadpanned looks most of the boys give him. "Obviously, you guys are invited and the majority of those I asked at school are coming over too but my brother told some friends about it and the news went around so we may have some crashers."